searching for a place to hang my hat (tell me your favorite places youve lived)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by bambino404, Aug 6, 2015.

1. I am currently living in Phoenix, Arizona and im contemplating my next move.Now there are things i like about Phoenix I like the mountains i like the accessibility of a big city. I'm definitely not a fan of the smell or the heat although i've lived here most of my life as well as in Florida so its not terrible except for the last month or so.

Basically what im looking for is somewhere with comfortable wildlife haha i say comfortable because i wouldn't consider the swampy alligator snake infested Florida all that comfortable to take a stroll through the woods although i did enjoy it. So somewhere with wildlife and forest as well as somewhere with a large young population like a college town. Im an artists and really a very lonely artist so an art scene of some sort. its very valuable to me, many of my friends are in bands and are very musical i explain it to them this way imagine if you played guitar/drums etc and never played with anyone that's how i feel as an artist. I think i can take the cold and snow but not too much and i love the rain.

Basically i figured this is such a large group of people from all over id love to hear about the places you guys love..also having legal weed would be a plus! especially if i could grow it because weed is way too expensive and im paying 10 gs and good gs at that and its still too expensive lol

2. Britain man, we have no dangerous animals at all.

3. Sedona, Arizona! Mountains, trees, canyons, rivers, and it's an artist community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Try Minnesota, beautiful trees, mountains, grasses... bud's good too!

MN has bears, but deer too, squirrels, birds, lots of animals, good and bad.

It's a comfortable mix of everything that's good for you

5. #5 Carne Seca, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
    Sedona or Payson which is right on the Mogollon Rim plus you have the Tonto National Park right there. Taos is another great place to live. Artist community as well.

6. British Columbia Canada is the best man! Weed is easy to grow and cheap af on the streets!
    Wildlife isn't dangerous unless you go deep in the forest and encounter cougars, wolves and bears (moose too).
    Extraordinary beautiful! Lush landscapes and long mountain ranges.
    Vancouver Island is unique as well

7. Durango, Colorado. College town. Several weed stores. I buy whenever I'm up there. Great choices on strains. Laid back community. Has all the amenities of a larger city. Lot of hippy retirees so the town is pretty chill. Great area for winter sports. Some of the best skiing in the southwest, snowboarding, innertubing, ice-skating, legal weed. Summer is great for outdoor stuff. Fishing, hiking, camping, biking, legal weed. Did I mention legal weed?

8. Grand Junction CO. Mild climate most of the year and there is all manner of things to do outside.

9. Unless you are looking for ocean, Colorado has the perfect blend of everything.
    ^ Im With Carne Seca

Boulder would be my second option if it weren't so damn expensive and quickly becoming way too packed. There are quite a few other great smaller towns that I personally love but wouldn't recommend for anyone young that hopes to socialize.

10. Ratchets/jezebels are relatively dangerous!

11. It sounds like my home of Knoxville Tennessee would be perfect for you my friend. It's a college town but has the amenities of a bigger city. We're also very close to the smoky mountain national park and thousands of acres of pristine wildlife to explore. Also very very few dangerous animals. Being a college town we also have an abundance of local artists.

12. Im with jay719^^

Boulder is the shit. I was gonna say either denver or Colorado Springs but Boulder is great too. All three have easily accessible mountains (obviously) and also the accessibility of a big city as you mentioned. They get a decent amount of rain too. Colorado has some of the most unique people you'll ever meet I think you'd like it here

13. Denvery is pretty awesome, problem is there are too many damn people flooding here and driving the prices through the roof!

14. I've lived in upstate NY for forever. I want to move for a change of scenery but I need to finish school first. But it's definitely nice here. Anything near the Adirondacks is cool, but lacks nearness to a big city. Where I am is 3 hours North of NYC and 2 hours South of Lake Placid. The drives aren't terribly bad, and I get to experience all 4 seasons and I love them all. Not much of a local music scene here though and that drives me nuts. I also liked it when I would go visit my ex-girlfriend in Virginia. It was a lot like here, but the winter was less harsh. I wouldn't mind ending up around there permanently.

15. Anyone mention Colorado yet? How bout' the legal weed?
    I'v seen a bit of our country camping and sighseeing, and if I hit the PowerBall tomorrow I'd be looking for property in Colorado. It really is a gem... but I often hear CO residents claim it's full. ;)
    SE Utah would be another consideration along with Montana and NorCal.

16. There's more to this world then regulated cannabis states.

17. #17 Deleted member 281310, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    I've lived in south florida my whole life but i have been to colorado when i was maybe 10? and it was fucking awesome. i skied for my first and only time. gotta give my dad a thanks for that trip. i remember getting altitude sickness too, that was not so fun.... at all.

18. So far Dallas TX is my favorite place but then again I've only lived in two cities so far and Orlando FL blows monkey ass.

19. #19 DabsOnTheMountain, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Come on in to pennsylvania bro! Where I am in the northeast is sort of described in the picture, but go outside a little and your fine. Philly has an art scene, I'm 2 hrs away, we're 2 hrs from the shore, 3 hrs from real mountains in virginia, 3 hrs from even realer mts in new york, an hr from New York City too should you ever need to go. Nice cool summers, not to bitter winters. Then it's potsylvania, no one gives a shit if you smoke. Everyone has their little fix out here be it drinking or smoking.
    1442853193459.jpg

20. An total understatement lol. The first time I visted I was in manitou and there were too 40 to 50 year old guys on a corner. One was sitting down playing the bongos and the other was up dancing in a neon green shirt and what appeared to be pink shorts made for a three year old girl. While that was certainly odd, what struck me most was that nobody walking through town appeared to notice or care just how strange it looked. If you want to be weird and accepted, Colorado isn't a bad place to be.

Knoxville is an extremely boring city in my opinion. The "arts" community is limited to the downtown area like most other urban cities. The trouble is if you go four blocks in any direction you are in the Knoxville ghetto where no one wants to be after dark. Many musicians actually avoid the city due to tax issues.

The smokeys are cool, but pigeon forge and sevierville are the definition of what not to do with a beautiful natural area. It is so whored up and over commercialized that it looks like a Tijuana street fair.

Top if off with low pay, high retail taxes, and a ton of ignorant southerners and I wouldn't advise anyone to live there unless they have family in the area.