Dads first grow in a new room. 2ea 1000hps, 12x12x9 indoor, pro-mixhp zone5a USA

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dadswieser, Aug 6, 2015.

1. uploadfromtaptalk1448059080025.jpg
    This is my neighbors house from my roof. Those trees hang over my shop too so I was out there during the peak of the storm watching out when those two trees fell on his house.

2. Well we survived 6 days of half power and now full power is restored. I see minimal damage at this point. In second week of flush. I will post pics tonight after work.

3. uploadfromtaptalk1448474352703.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1448474397325.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1448474418649.jpg
    They faired well for 6 days half power. Temps got a lil high with no AC.

4. uploadfromtaptalk1448474549622.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1448474566689.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1448474584217.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1448474600537.jpg
    So i have 4 sets now roughly each a month apart. Flower room is in second week of flush. Tent girls are four weeks into flower. The lower shelf and upper shelf each have 4 that are a month apart and still veggin. And its time to set up the ol clone box.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all......

5. Hi Dadswieser. I just found your journal. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I think you and I are working with about the same amount of space as far as room goes. We started a few years ago and converted an unused bedroom into our grow space...about 1/3 veg and 2/3 grow. We're running 4 1000 watt haps lights for flower right now with plans to throw some LED into the mix after the first of the year. It's been a learning experience for sure, but some of the most fun I've had in awhile. LOL I too got mixed up with a so called "partner" for a little while in the beginning. He was supposedly the one with the grow knowledge and knew how to set everything up. I was the one with the cash. I realized several months into the whole thing that he was a blooming idiot and I was just wasting my time with him. Luckily, I found out he was on probation so I kind of had him by the balls and was able to rid my world of him without any issues. I then found myself at square one after making a HUGE investment in equipment, and had to either learn it on my own or throw up my hands and quit. Never having been one to not give anything a good try, I dove in with all four feet. It took me about a year of researching along with trial and error to figure it out, but it kind of clicked somewhere along the way and we've been going strong now for 4 years or so. Wish I had a bunch of money and a lot more space so I could amp this thing up like I want to, but it's not legal in my state yet and I really have no desire to do any serious time in prison. My hope is that when it does go legal here I can throw up a Butler building in the pasture and grow for real. One can dream can't they? LOL Hope you and yours have a great holiday and I'll be following along from now on since I found you. TWW

6. Rough storm! Glad everything made it!

7. Thanks for the visit and kind words White Widow, glad to have you along for the ride. I have seen some of your posts around the city and the knowledge you bring to the table is much appreciated. I am honored that you have taken intrest in my journey and look forward to your input.
    Yea it's definitely a learning experience for me so I am so grateful for this site and the people of this city.

DW.

8. Good morning GHG....
    Yea it was touch and go for a bit there but we all cuddled up and hunkered down and rode it out together.

But now its back to business and getting it done.

You gotta help me come up with some clever names for my spaces like yours. I have the flower room, the veg tent, an upper and lower closet and a time out box. But that just doesn't sound as cool as a "wonderland" and "Cornfield" spaces.. hahahaha

9. The idea behind the time out box was, its 34"d x 46"w x 50"h from ceiling to shelf. Under the shelf is the lower cabinet. I thought I could move a few girls in there when the time comes for the chop. Give them the 48hr darkness chop and hang dry in there.
    Obviously with as many as I have now that won't be big enough but in the future I plan to only chop four at a time. So this run I will need the whole top shelf to hang dry. I have a 4" fan and carbon filter drawing air out of that space and into the room. It all closes up almost light tight when I want it like that.
    Hopefully it works.

10. #250 GreenHardtGrower, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    Lol... I'll think of a name for the timeout box... I like names that are appropriate in some way...

You're really convinced of the 48 hrs darkness and an increase in resin huh?

11. Just going by what my dude tells me he does with this strain. Not sure if its worth it or not. Just like I'm not sure the whole T8s on the walls is worth it or not. Just winging it here you know. We will see how this goes and adjust as needed for the future.

But I would love to hear how you would proceed if I handed you the keys from here.
    Really interested in your opinion.

12. Dry trim or wet trim?

13. Hang em or bag em??

Everybody chime in please...

14. I trim the fans as I pull the legs... I wash immediately in a bath of H202, also on occasion, I have tried a lemon juice bath after that. Does an incredible job of removing of removing dust and other contaminants. I hang and dry it with as fan on for an hour or so, until it's no longer physically wet, and I wet trim from there. Then it all goes on hangers still on the legs, and into the cure tent. Humidity here has never been an issue and I can easily hang for 7-10 days in my tent until stems snap when I bend them. The idea is to dry as slow as possible closer to the 10 days is better. The slower you go the more you preserve the terpines you want. Without those you have hay flavored psychoactive compounds. Once they snap on the vine I snip them into jars and I cure them for 2 weeks to two months depending... If growing this incredible plant wasn't art enough, drying and curing is equally critical, but often relegated to the back burner. If you did it all right it's just as easy to piss the best work you've ever done away in just a few days of bad dry/cure. Once in jars I check them regularly and burp them to release excess moisture being pulled from the center of the flower.

Lol... I'm so baked it sick right now... hahaha... No one has ever asked what I do, perhaps I should put that up front somewhere or delineate my steps better...

I'll come back to some of this later mango!

~GHG~

15. "Mango bro"....
    Good talk.....
    Night night.....

16. "Tomorrow brings new growth if we're lucky enough to see it".....

Peace
    DW

17. uploadfromtaptalk1448564033594.jpg
    Its 18 outside today so I think I will just sit here with these ladies in the 80 room. uploadfromtaptalk1448564137761.jpg
    Does the growth on the top of this bud look normal? I'm 9 days into flush.

18. #258 GreenHardtGrower, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    Fox tailing ~ presumably from stress like heat. I have been lifting my lights toward the end of flower to see if that makes a difference. But I wonder if other stressors, like PH can have that affect...

19. Is fox tailing gonna mess things up. Should I do something? I did have some temp issues when the power was out. Looking to pluck all fan leaves and cut the lights on Sunday. Then cut and hang dry for about a week or so. Then mason jars.
    Any advise?

20. Sone strains seem to foxtail more than others. No worries, just when you get a funny braid popping out of the top it just doesn't have that nice aesthetic look.