Socializing education in the US - the American Dream?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Well obviously. It's just that most people don't see it as a viable alternative because it is not 99% figured out, nor is there an adequate working-example in real life.

So instead of taking a system that is founded upon a solid premise and working out the kinks, people would rather stick to a system that is inherently corrupt and directly violates its own stated purpose and try to polish up the shit stain.

I'd rather be pissing on gold than polishing a turd.... just sayin'

2. American education grade 1-12 is already socialized and its absolute shit. More people going to college isn't doing shit beyond devalueing bachelors degrees. I teach at the university level and the papers I get are full of grammatical and historical errors. I have a paper on my wall about the Cold War in which the student told the story of the great world war between the vatican and the soviet union which culminated in the capture of Jerusalem all of these papers have one thing in common, the student went to a government school.

3. [​IMG]

I am ok with socialized education, since the success of the US is dependent on technical knowledge.

A better solution to useless degrees would have a limited number of spots available for humanities. And for universities not to have gold plated shit everywhere. And to cut back on their remodeling efforts. And a lot of other expenses, like travel.

4. #104 Deleted member 472633, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Not everyone is cut out to become an engineer, a computer scientist, or a scientist in general. Hell some people are not cut out to go to college in general. Many should be in a technical school a plumber, an electrician or even a career in fast food what is sad is many are going to end up with a career in fast food and loads of debt despite their college degree. College was much cheaper and degrees much more valuable before the government became actively involved in higher education.

5. The US has been funding education since the 1890's, at least.

Education is expensive when expenses are added on, because most universities compete for ratings.

Trades are underrated in our society.

6. I could not agree more. When I was in college I was extremely good at English, and writing in general, and so I helped a lot of people out. The school wanted to pay me but I wouldn't take the job. I remember one girl giving me a college level research paper to peer review and she actually had the nerve to type the number 2 instead of actually spelling "to". That was definitely not the only grammatical mistake. She literally wrote the entire research paper like she was typing a text to a friend. It was absolutely disgusting that she could even get into that school with such writing abilities.

7. Isn't our education system already socialized? But if you mean spending even more tax money on sending a bunch of dulldrums to college to get their worthless liberal arts degree sounds like the worst idea ever. It would just be a funnel for tax payer money to make its way into millionaires pockets, and not only that but wouldn't it be near impossible to keep the participating universities from becoming little more than brainwashing centers? Especially seeing as how the universities already tend to turn out over sensitive PC zombies with weak critical thinking skills. Why would we want to spend even more money on universities? Nothing good comes from government getting into education, just look at
    our current socialized public school systems.