Native America 2015

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Yes exactly. Over my way the NYPD used a body builder as a battering ram, shot him, then told his family that he was killed by a criminal. I mean you can't make this shit up.

Obviously every cop ain't a scumbag but the PDs around the country are filled to the brim with scumbags.

2. I don't really see why people are so fixated on the race angle. Police brutality and police militarization should be concerning to everyone, it affects everyone, it's bad for EVERYONE.

I don't think the cops are really that racist as an institution. I mean they focus on poor, high crime neighborhoods but that's only logical. And statistically it's far more common for a black person to murder a white one than the opposite.

You're absolutely correct about media giving a false impression. Despite what the media reports, violence is at historic lows and white on black violence in quite rare.

3. It must also be speak that media is the result of people picking sides and amplifying their message into an echo chamber. For this reason I try to frequent all sites to get the most well rounded view I can find. I don't even like reading media that is biased in my favor because you learn nothing this way and it only solidifies ones bias.

4. I'm way too stoned for this thread.

Later...

5. Because even when people didn't believe that cops were capable of attacking people and abusing their power blacks were feeling that pressure. That is why there is a race angle. And I know for a fact that there is some police departments who operate on a racial under tone, and in pretty diverse areas too. Other cops will tell you this.

Matter of fact, we brought the issue to light otherwise most people wouldn't have cared about police militarization. And like you said cops focus on high crime areas where you'll see alot of black or hispanic crime. So there is a racial element to it Lol.

Just because race is involved doesn't mean we should run from it, that only causes further problems.

6. You're kind of missing my point. Do police end up dealing with more blacks and Hispanics than, say, whites or Asians? Yes, of course.
    But the question is, is this because police forces are inherently racist, or because blacks and Hispanics are much more likely to be involved in gangs and live in high crime areas?
    I mean, let's be real, it's not the well groomed black man wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase that gets hassled by the police.

7. Not all forces are racist, im not sayin that. But I am saying some Departments are known to operate under racial tones. I know this personally and its even been confirmed from cops the next town over.

Im not saying that because they deal with more blacks that they are racist. As far as being well groomed, it isn't their job to judge who looks like what. That kinda thought process helps fuel the flame. There is plenty of people out here walking around that aren't well groomed yet they aren't criminals. Garner wasn't "well groomed" and even had criminal history, but anyone who knows him will tell you he was a good person, hell he was breaking up a fight when the cops showed up to hassle him over loose cigarettes that you can find at any hood deli.

Shouldn't have to be worried about what you look like when it comes to getting stopped.

8. I swear this new grasscity sucks donkey dick. I don't know who decided to change it to this shitty layout. Every fucking time I try to make a long detailed post it never ends up being posted or takes 5 minutes to load. I dug in deeper to your response but im not typing all that shit up again.

Basically, people act like police militarization is new when we experienced it first hand for ourselves years before 9/11 hit. But now it's a big thing but when we were saying it it didn't mean squat. Now police brutality is easily spotted thanks to cell phones everyone acts like its the new thing when we were tlaking about it for decades but it meant nothing then. So to downplay the culture of race in American Police forces is to dismiss what we are talking about the same way people did with police militarization and police brutality.

Nothing is black and white. Not every cop is racist and not every pd is racist but the history of cops and racism should not be swept under a rug because they commit atrocities in "high crime" neighborhoods.

9. But this isn't the thread for these talks, I feel bad lol so I'll post this.

10. #250 bwood, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
    nobody did anything after they enacted martial law in Boston and started storming houses and locking down neighborhoods, all while having everyone glued to the propaganda on the news, that was so god damn pathetic im still ashamed at how boston and the surrounding cities acted. Then the whole fucking "Boston Strong" damage control after how weak and pathetic they all acted during that whole affair was the ironic icing on the cake.

Nobodys gonna do shit. Acts like the standoff on the Bundy Ranch bridge with the feds should be way more common but they arent.