Native America 2015

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Trayvon's death was justifiable?? He wasn't a criminal he was minding his own business when he was approached by a racist

Sure Zimmerman got his ass beaten but first off he brought it on himself secondly what kind of a pussy brings a gun to a fist fight

2. dude. If trayvon didn't die, Zimmerman would have

When fighting for your own life in self defense there is no such thing as excess force

-Yuri

3. That don't make shit right. If I was following someone and they attacked me because I was clearly following them they are in the right. That wasn't no self defense, he initiated it by following Trayvon after the cops told him not to.

You can't be provocative and cry self defense when you get your ass beat. I know that shit wouldn't fly if it was the other way around.

4. #184 BluntedUp, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    Every race has dealings with the cops as far as police brutality goes but blacks go through it the worst. I mean we been going through it before the 1900s. It just is what it is.

In the 60s for example when people saw cops attacking and hosing down black protesters for a large majority of folks in the country this was unheard of or at the least not a common sight. We've been talking about these issues for decades before it was the cool thing for the media to talk about.

Nobody said whites don't feel police brutality but in most instances there is a big difference in how things proceed.

And lets be honest. Theres no outrage for that kid not because he is white, but because majority of whites don't view police brutality as a big issue for them whereas for us police brutality is damn near ingrained in our culture. Two different things going on.

And it's not victimhood, this is just facts.

And fuck the black lives matter movement. This isn't new. We been feeling this way for decades.

5. Let the guilty get what's coming to them and the innocent not be falsely accused. That works no matter which way you view it.

6. Remember we only have Zimmerman's word on this. For all we know Zimmerman could have approached him with gun in hand and he and Trayvon struggled over it. Personally, I think that's what happened. Zimmerman was playing cop and Trayvon saw the gun and fought over it because he didn't want to die. But we'll never know. We only have a the word of a man with a history of violence and rage incidences involving guns.

7. I can't argue with that

-Yuri

8. I really shouldn't start up this debate again, but we aren't just taking Zimmerman's word on this man. There was physical evidence and witness statements that backed up his story. When people try to say stuff like "Martin saw the gun and fought for it", that line of thinking doesn't make sense, because if Zimmerman already had his gun out when he approached, there's no way Martin could have beat Zimmerman like he did.
    And remember there was a big high profile trial and they did everything they could to try and nail Zimmerman's hide to the wall. I watched the trial, and the case they made against Zimmerman was so weak, like one legal expert said at the time, it's almost like the prosecution was trying to establish reasonable doubt on Zimmerman's story, rather than meeting the standard of beyond reasonable doubt. No impartial observer could say that the prosecution proved he was guilty.
    Self defense is self defense, even if the victim is white and the perp is black.

9. Hijack? As in give her input and challenge the curriculum? Hokay. Cause apparently college is about accepting everything your professors teach as 100% truth. If a professor can't accept someone disagreeing with them and providing sources to back up their argument, maybe they should teach preschool.

10. Yeah because grabbing for someone's gun is the way to not get killed.

11. Considering the guy is a professor and the student is not, I'd say yes, you are there to accept what the professor is teaching you or leave.

12. His job is to teach, not debate with one particular student with a chip on her shoulder. I know she thinks she's 100% right about the history, but she isn't. So yeah, she was in the wrong to disrupt his class for her personal problem.
    That said, I think a warning would have sufficed since she hadn't done this before, but if she kept it up I'd kick her out too.

13. Yeah because rational thought is what happens when you're in a life or death struggle. In this case, a death struggle. It's easy to sit in a comfortable chair and speculate on what's the right and wrong thing to do.

14. youre right. im wrong. let me just sit and soak in all of the white, patriachial half truths and jerk off to them in my sleep. got it.

15. Well his "irrational" actions got him killed. That's how it goes. Don't reach for a gun you don't wish to get shot with. Its seriously that simple.

But I bet you'd be willing to make the same argument for a criminal reaching for a cop's gun.

16. Im not reading ten pages to figure out if your trolling but if you are thats old hat man, step it up. If you arent then pity on you for being such a dolt.

17. If you don't agree with it then don't go. Or build up enough money to open your own private college.

18. Never been to a uni like that. I guess pedagogy has gone down hill since when I attended.