New home made

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by iigrow, Aug 3, 2015.

1. I have been wanting to grow my own for a while now I finally got around to it.

Currently I have 4 unknown seeds germinating but I will purchase better ones as I investigate which ones are right for me.

[​IMG]

Building Details:

- Used old wooden cabinet 75cm Long x 75cm wide x 38cm deep
    - Mylar (I used a large stapler to staple it onto the wooden interior.
    - Wood strips for lamps
    - Drill screws etc..
    - Four spot lights
    - Electrical wire + wall plugs.
    - Four small wheels
    - Power strips
    - Small sponge to place under the pump for vibrating sound reduction.

Grow stuff

- 3 Inch grow pots
    - Four Sylvania 25 Watt ( Says it equals to 125W) light bulbs 6500 K - 1450 Lumens - E27 socket
    - Four Sylvania E27 25 Watt ( Says it equals to 125W) light bulbs 2700 K - 1450 Lumens - E27 socket
    - Active Aqua Hydrofarm Air Pump 2 Outlets
    - Submersible Water Pump 250 ( for 25 gallons )
    - Two 2 x 2 x 14 Air stones
    - Small 6 inch ckip on fan
    - Timer

Nutrients

- Rapid Rooter Plugs
    - Recipe for success formula
    - Lava rock - Need to get hydroton or similar.

I basically first covered the interior of the cabinet in Mylar with a stapler and cut any edges out with scissors. I then drilled three 3 inch holes, 1 for electrical and 2 for air floor. I also added 4 wheels to the cabinet for easy roll around I may need, it also made it easier to work with since its heavy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I grabbed one of the wooden strips and covered it with mylar and connected 4 spot lights directly to the wood. I also did 2 electrical wire connections one to each spot light. I choose the spot light since it was easier to move and direct light towards the plants. It's not hanging but this made it easier to just stick up there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put the cables so they all came out from the same side. I directed these towards the back and guided the cables with strips towards the bottom so they don't get in the way.

I'm using 2 spray painted tubs with 2 cups but I may change that to a bigger tub and add a water pump for more water movement.

[​IMG]

I stapled mylar on the top of the tubs, however I left extra space that serves as side panels for more reflection from the bottom up. Hope this works!

[​IMG]

Added a small hook in the back for the electrical cable to hold it while I roll it around when needed.

[​IMG]

Terrible stealth Mode!

[​IMG]

Still Pending:

- More stealth, light & pump sound.
    - Fans for airflow
    - Screens and light leakage from 3 holes.
    - Purchase correct type of seeds
    - PH Meter
    - Co2

I'm not done yet and still putting things together but this is what I got so far. If anyone has recommendations im happy to hear!\t\t\t\t\t\t

Attached Files:

2. Looking good Deffo going to follow this one for light leak on doors have you thought of those rubber draught excluder strip things?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk