Help ASAP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Go Green!, Aug 3, 2015.

1. For awhile now I thought there was something wrong with the one rounded leaf of my plant. Now I'm really worried and realize it's not just a shadow at a weird angle but the tip is slightly curled and brown. Do I cut it off? or will it just make it worse? first pic is one from the front. Second is showing the leaf from behind. My poor baby [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. take a step back and take a breathe.. It is perfectly normal.. Your first leaves from sprout will eventually fall off or get used up anyways, it's the true leaves that you want to worry about! More importantly is what light are these plants getting? Because whatever light source you are using the plant is not getting enough of it and that's why it's so long and stretched out! Go get a 4 pack of 6500k 23w equivalent cfls and put them about 12 inches under the light.

3. ∆ What he said ∆

4. Thank you SirSmokes. Very glad to hear that lol. Right now I have just one cfl bulb. I thought anymore for this little plant would be overpowering. It's a 13 watt soft white bulb. But according to another member on the boards here it's not enough at all for adequate growth. He said all that bulb would be good for is to root a couple clones :/

5. They are cotiledones, and as SSA 420 said, perfectly normal.

6. yeah brother not enough light what so ever and it's not even the right spectrum of light, do more research on how cannabis grows and research deficiencies because they will come and you have to treat your babies.. what grow medium are you using? Fully indoor plants? How many do you have? Where do you plan on flowering these plants?there are tons of factors to play with but best of luck! Follow my grow I'm a first timer myself I just drown myself in cannabis cultivation knowledge.

7. I really appreciate your guys' help. I just hope I don't end up killing it because I've put a good amount of effort into it to just have it go to waste. I now realize it's been 2 weeks. And officially sprouted on the 26th in July. I was worried at first because I didn't see any new serrated leaf sprouts but I suppose for only being a couple weeks it's fairly normal.

8. Not trying to be a dick or the bearer of bad news but your plants are severely behind where they should be at for 2 weeks old. My plants were bigger then that 3 days after sprout. Go check out my grow brother I'm sure you can learn a lot from it and base where you should be at in 2 weeks of growth.

9. these were mine just 2 days after sprout.

Attached Files:

10. Haha no I don't think you're being a dick at all. I think what I need is more sufficient lighting and better soil. But on the 20th is when I found the seed. 26th is when I noticed the sprout. So it's really only been a little more than a week. Should I get a higher wattage cfl? or 2? I just hope it doesn't spike my electric bill.

11. you definitely need better lights for sure and no your electric won't spike at all bro, I'm currently running 19 cfls for my 7 plants right now and that's not enough lighting really.. I'm going to buy my official light and start flowering tomorrow

12. Oh cool. So would you suggest 2 cfls then? ideally I would love a setup like this. But that is at least $40+. Or would that be something worth investing in?
    [​IMG]

13. ditch the cfl's. get an led or an hid. make it worth the work.

14. Thanks dank. How many led's or hid's would you suggest? and what wattage?

15. I have soft spot for hid's so id suggest a 400 metal halide, maybe a conversion ballast that you can run a 400 hps when you switch to flower. only thing with hid's is youre gonna need ventilation. so it can get pricey. inline fan's and whatnot. I'm not 100% sold on led's yet versus the quality i can get from hid's, so not really versed well in info on led's. whatever a 400 watt equivalent is. this is not to knock led's. im just set in my ways. cant beat organic soil and a well vented hid.

16. Well I'm shit out of luck lol. Right now my little plant is in my closet with the 13 watt cfl. I hate being poor :( lol

17. yeah dank that's why I didn't suggest going full out for him to start with, he can do cfls with success but with anything it's going to cost you money man..not with that in mind you could probably get a really nice light set up like a hps/mh in a ballast for 150 or so these days but going cheap is not the necessary the best thing to do.. Do lots of research right now and see what you can do with what you can afford at the moment and you can always save up and build into a great official set up to provide you with your own supply of the tasty green goodness that we all love year round.

18. That would be amazing. And $150 isn't so bad. I can probably have that covered by my next paycheck. I would love my own personal supply of green goodness lol. I'd also love to sell to get a little $$ on the side. However I'm un-certified so I don't feel like being arrested. lol