My first hurricane

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by yurigadaisukida, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Been through like 5 hurricanes. Just board up the house, grab a few cases of beer and get ready to party :metal:

I've always said that if you die in a hurricane odds are you are a stupid motherfucker who didn't pay attention to the warnings and didn't evacuate.

And it's always old people who are all like "I've been here for 30 years I ain't leaving for nothing"

And then they drown or get killed from their roof collapsing.

2. Its just a tropical storm now. Ill get some picks today and tomorrow

-Yuri

3. apparently we've haven't had a massive hurricane in 9 years in the US(assuming continental). They are saying we are in a hurricane drought.

4. I saw a vid years ago of a guy trying to light a bong in a hurricane. The wind blew the weed out of the bowl. It was halarious!

5. So far been hot any sunny

View attachment 1843319

With on and off sprinklers

1438908662802.jpg

So much for a storm >_>

Hopefully we get some good storm tomorrow

-Yuri
    1438908726799.jpg

-Yuri

6. "And I thought hurricane season was ova!"
    -Pineapple Express

El Nino has a sister....

7. I love a good storm

8. Eyyy

9. So far no storm.... I wonder if tthe other islands got hit

We got on and off sprinklers again today

What a letdown

-Yuri

10. So it was a bust but....

Apperently we have another one and this one is expected to actually give us some storms. Pics to come!

-Yuri

11. u poor thing...living in paradise and can't stand a little wind???
    If you can, Try and get a room in a high rise hotel, get a top floor, and watch the storm come and go, that would be a fun trip :)

12. ^^^
    Dunno where you got that idea. I love storms. That's one of the things I was looking forward to.

Ill be out there in the storm snapping pics (if I'm not working -_-)

Fortunately.I work at the pool so ill be out there anyway

-Yuri

13. Generally speaking, no. If it is mandatory, you pack what you can get in the car and go. The whole debit card nonsense after Katrina was a damned fiasco ripe with fraud...
    Being in the storm is not as fun as some would lead you to believe. I have been fortunate to have been an hour inland for most of the major ones that have impacted the Houston area over the past 45 years...and was in Austin doing ACL-fest when Rita came through (Austin was always on the clean side of storms, so we were 107 degrees with clear skies). Arguably the worst I ever had was not even a true hurricane...Allison turned major highways through Houston into canals several feet deep.

Being without power is not fun...even worse if you don't have natural gas to cook with (and far worse if you don't have gas water heaters, since that means you are taking really cold showers).

14. yea. I'm hoping my area isn't in the middle of it.

So far we been having some light stormy weather. Exactly the kind I like.

Little wind, medium rainfall, dark skies.

Last night we closed the pool for lightning so I got paid to chill in the rain.

So far I'm in heaven. I do hope the hurricane doesn't nail me in the next couple days. I'd love to just have some mild/heavy rain for a few days

-Yuri

15. 1440438860493.jpg

Not too bad right now.

I work a double today (assuming they keep the pool open) so this will be the only pic for today most likely

-Yuri

16. Having lived in central Florida for 40 years I've been through a few. The worst problems I've experienced is days or weeks of power outages.

The power companies neglect to trim trees and broken limbs take down the lines and sometimes poles that are rotten at ground level fall over from the wind.

I've got 3 6500 watt generators, two of which are still new in the boxes. I have one at the house that's ready to go, just add gas.

I even installed a feed from the gen-set to my deep freeze and window unit A/C...we shut everything else electrical down to save on fuel...we use battery powered lights and candles.

Oh, I forgot the biggie...we live in the country and have a well with a 220 volt pump, so when there's no power we have no water.

A few years ago I drove a 2" diameter 23 foot deep well and installed a hand pump in order to have fresh drinking water....we use 5 gal. buckets of water from the swimming pool to flush the toilets.

The initial storm isn't the problem for us since we're in the middle of the state, it's the disruption of all sorts of services....sucks....

17. #37 PHOENlX, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    Make sure you stock up on a lot of weed. Dealers seldom deliver when there are major natural disasters.

When Katrina hit us, most dealers went off. idk why. I guess they were trying to survive like half of the city.

18. Looks like it cleared up.

Bright and sunny all day today and yesterday

Some storms at night

-Yuri

19. I remember when we had Katrina and that fucked new orleans up, then Rita came after that and everyone fled Houston for a dud.

Attached Files:

20. a hurricane might hit here in south florida on monday. first one in a long time.