Jurassic park

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by yurigadaisukida, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Is it plausible?

Do you think we will see it in our lifetimes?

I may never see space but ill die happy if I can see dinosaurs

No doubt people would be against it though.... haters

-Yuri

2. No & no

3. /cry

-Yuri

4. I don't think you'll see a real life theme park like JP, but the gaming industry will delve into virtual reality more and more and eventually give you simulated environments that are indistinguishable from reality. I'm not talking about a "game" where dinosaurs just look realistic. We already have those. I'm talking about environments that allow the visitor absolute immersion. Something well beyond mere visuals.

5. With the cloning technology we have these days it is certainly plausible.. I mean they only need a decent sample of dna and..
    BAM
    wooly mammoth..

6. I agree its definatly plausible.

It might be hard to get a DNA sample, but modern animals still contain the DNA. We just need to reverse engineer it.

It wont be a real dinosaur but it will be close.

The bigger issue is how fast it grows up.

Even if they started making viable embryos today, full grown dinosaurs might be a ways off

-Yuri

7. "God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs
    God creates man, man destroys God
    Man creates dinosaurs...
    Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth".

To the last point, all the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were female and the place went straight to hell the minute the men running the place lost control. I don't necessarily agree with the implication, I'm just saying.

8. Once we crack the mysteries of DNA, we will be able to make whatever we want. Dinosaurs? Sure. Blue geese? Got em. Eight legged crocodiles with an octopus arm for a tail? Whip that right up.

Of course, all of us alive today will probably be dead long before then.. but would be interesting.

9. thats good enough, and doesnt impose a public safety issue :D

10. Space cruises are going to be available in a few years. Of course they're gonna be expensive as shit, but not a billionaire exclusive.

11. In our lifetime? Idk. But i definitely think so. I bet religious people are gonna put up a big shit storm about it though

12. As Plato might say, "The form of Jurassic Park already exists as is, in the form of Jurassic Park on the screen that allows you to realize it's current existence."
    Aristotle would reply, "Dinosaurs are dead, yo."

I agree with Aristotle.

13. i think it's very possible for us to be able to recreate dinosaurs, but will we ever see it in our lifetime? I'd have to say no to that. I think the technology will be there but the debate about ethics will be holding it back.

14. We may be able to bring dinosaurs back, but keeping them alive would be a much greater challenge. The oxygen level was much higher back then than it is now. Something that big would need a lot more of it to survive. That's why life evolved smaller instead of bigger. There's no use being at the top of the food chain of you can't breathe. I guess the temperature and humidity would play a big part too. espically to something cold blooded.

15. I think that's just a hypothesis and isn't proven.

Life is smaller because smaller animals survive more easily after catastrophes which happen all the time.

We have blue whales which kinda suggest lots of oxygen in Tue atmosphere isn't necessary to be big

-Yuri

16. But what if dinosaurs used microwaves? Would they have TV stations today to broadcast their plight as the meteor was moments from wiping them from existence? I mean, they wouldn't even have to eat each other in a carnivorous way. They could just Netflix and chill with some TV dinners...

17. reptilians and Illuminati

-Yuri

18. who else do you think tamed the dinosaurs? And when they got out of hand, meteor smash.

19. I'd say within 30 years, technology is growing exceedingly fast and we have the tech to do this right now, heck we can make designer babies if we wanted to right now we're just limited by ethics. There's probably already some secret underground base experimenting with this

20. Yeah, I'd say we are close.. and I am sure there is at least one "mad" scientist working on something like this. Those pesky ethics will hold us back though :( I do think we will see designer babies soon enough.. and it kind of makes sense that we get the ball moving on it. I'm sure some will argue about overpopulation, but I'd rather be overpopulated with a bunch of healthy people versus a bunch of weak and sick people that we care too much for to let nature take it's course with.