Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Perception of time

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BattleOfOne, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Does time seem like it's going slower when you're stoned? I was listening to music last night and a 3 minute song seemed to last for ages.

2. If you're really high and doing something really boring...

3. [​IMG]
    This is what a year feels like as you age, now if you brake this down more and more you can see what minutes or hours feel like. Plus weed slows down awareness and alertness so it really does slow down.

4. Holy fuck my head just exploded

5. lol now you know i guess :D

6. Sometimes slower... sometimes faster..... sometimes the same. [​IMG]

7. Yeah ill smoke and itll seem like 10 minutes passed but actually like 45-60 mins passed. It's never the other way around, feeling 10 minutes pass when only 1 has

8. dude that was really inspirational. i tried to explain this to so many people verbally but being able to see it on paper is great. seize the day because the next one will be shorter.

9. Yes it slows way down. Love my minute long orgasms.

10. If you're talking about 100 being your goal then the first third isn't going to be ages 1-4, at 100 a third of your life will be 33 years and some change, which are more or less the formative years of your life meaning most of your new experiences are going to fall within those years and are going to remembered very well by most people. Time doesn't change for the most part, we add milliseconds every century or something so technically days are getting longer. Perception has to do with how an individual views their day and the experiences that act as milestones within a set period. The best way to make your day feel longer is to set mini milestones to look back on before you go to sleep. You can also change how you perceive time by watching the clock more often giving you a better idea of how you spent your time and attaching the actions you completed to that specific time interval. As for the chart, it doesn't exactly work, no one is consistently comparing yesterdays length to the current days length let alone last month to this month. People do tend to compare years around New Years and by that time the mini milestones you create for yourself have all but vanished in your mind, you're only going to give true value to the meaningful events in your life so if you have nothing meaningful happen then there is less to look back on. An issue with the chart I have is that its based solely on dividing 100 which is rarely the case with life events and that its changing values when the values should be static. If living to 100 is a given fact every year is 1% , the chart however makes it seem that you're losing time rather than gaining. The chart is saying that at age 1 you have lived 100% of your life which means that should you die at age 1 you lived a full life rather than viewing it as living only 1%of your life with 99% still to come.

11. I didn't have the energy to read this.

12. I already have a messed-up perception of time as it is (courtesy of ADD), but it seems to be circumstantial, depending on the nature of your high and the activity you're engaged in. Some strains make one's imagination go full throttle and they spend so many hours just spacing out. I have some AK that makes me space out but also draws the mind blank.

13. When I am high I just get more interested in stuff around me, so time goes faster.

If I am doing something really boring it will slow down.

14. Just spent 45 minutes reading this thread.

Maybe.

It could have been 5 minutes...not sure.

:)