How to actually meditate

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by lean prince, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Meditation is focus of being without want for self. One must first learn to not want anything. All will be provided for. You must seperate yourself dem greed. Once you do that, then you can attain a useful meditation. Fasting helps. Not fasting of food specifically, but of all needless wants.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

2. Same here. I've tried meditating a few times, but having a hyperactive mind that never shuts down, it doesn't quite work out.

3. #23 givehug, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    for me its like a skill you have to master...
    so just keep on meditating and it will come...

just sit and be aware of you thoughts and feelings...
    dont judge and overthink anything, don't force anything...
    when thoughts come, just watch them, when sounds come, just hear them...

4. I enjoy going to the redwood forest in Northern Calif. I sit at the base of a tall redwood. I clear my mind of worry and regret and fear and anger and hate. I sit with my eyes closed and listen to the sounds of the redwood forest. I identify each sound as I hear it. Bird chirping. Squirell chittering. The wind in the trees etc. I identify smells. Kind of like becoming one with the forest.Then I open my eyes and focus my sight up toward the canopy. I get into all the wildlife going on up there. It's very relaxing and I feel like a million bucks after a while. One time I got so deep into that I cried because everything was just so fucking beautiful.