Early Termination of Probation

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Badzerker, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Damn I hope im in the right spot, I've searched the forums and tried to find the right place to seek some advice. Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place or this isn't discussed here.

Long story short, im on probation for a non drug crime, im supposed to be on for 12 months, but can early term after 6. Well I've got 7 months down and im going for it, my PO knows and is cool about it, just contacted my lawyer and he's going to file the motion.

My question is: Will they drug test me in court when I show up for my hearing? My lawyer said I'll have to be present, I've googled a thousand times and can't seem to find anyone asking my question. I meet with my PO for hopefully the final time on Monday and I usually smoke for the next day or so after and my hearing will probably be scheduled a week or two after so im just curious if anyone knows or have had an experience with being drug tested when you go to your hearing for your early termination.

Thanks so much guys, I appreciate any advice/input.

2. Damn I hope im in the right spot, I've searched the forums and tried to find the right place to seek some advice. Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place or this isn't discussed here.

Long story short, im on probation for a non drug crime, im supposed to be on for 12 months, but can early term after 6. Well I've got 7 months down and im going for it, my PO knows and is cool about it, just contacted my lawyer and he's going to file the motion.

My question is: Will they drug test me in court when I show up for my hearing? My lawyer said I'll have to be present, I've googled a thousand times and can't seem to find anyone asking my question. I meet with my PO for hopefully the final time on Monday and I usually smoke for the next day or so after and my hearing will probably be scheduled a week or two after so im just curious if anyone knows or have had an experience with being drug tested when you go to your hearing for your early termination.

Thanks so much guys, I appreciate any advice/input.

3. I don't know what state you're in but I'm pretty sure they don't do testing at the courthouse. It's possible they could order you to go to the probation office and produce one more clean test before being dismissed from probation.

Just stay clean until you're 100% sure you're done. Ask your PO if you're completely off. Don't assume you're probably maybe done. Even if the judge approves the motion it might take a few days to process.

You didn't have to post it 10 times for a response either lol

4. Damn guys im using the app and didn't realize it posted 10 times...trying to delete them but don't think I can.

Exactly the advice I was looking for Slightly, I didn't think they'd test me there either.

5. lol look at all these threads hahaha, but sorry i dont know the answer to ur question but damn epic thread posting.

6. Yea can't find a way to delete them either haha it said there was an error when posting then all of a sudden there was a bunch.

A lawyer said it was unlikely they would, anyone else have any experience?

7. Im pretty sure theres an app that connects u with a lawyer for legal advice for like a 5 dollar charge or something

8. Bump! Any advice would be great.

9. Or you could just call a law office for your free 30 minute consultation.

10. I've been to plenty of criminal lawyers for "free consultation". All that means is they'll listen you your story and tell how much they'll charge before giving any real advice.

11. Yea I've been trying to do that and a lot say that they don't drug test at the hearing

12. You got a 50/50 chance if being tested. I've been tested and I haven't in your situation. Be smart you are on probation for a drug related offense.