CodeName47s Afghan Kush and Beyond

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by CodeName47, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Even though I'm dying for it, lol, the next run I'll be doing some Autos, 2 pdxa, 1 grand heft auto, and a Fruity Widow auto..

2. Nice, autos are cool, I like that they don't need very much food at least the one I grew anyway. They make the whole process really easy, pretty much take care of themselves

3. I agree, now that I know more about em, should be a nice run

4. After some TLC for my moms that have been neglected they are looking good again. Been giving them light waterings and feedings over the past couple of weeks to bring them back.

I never got the soil too wet and I never added more than .5 ml of ferts, just brought them back slowly.

My Afghans, I'm wondering, would you guys even bother with the smaller weaker seedling? Or just keep it around and take cuttings from the stronger one? I'm not really sure what to do, or if its just too early and it could turn around in veg.

Attached Files:

5. It could so turn around, but I would do as you said keep it around, cutting from the stronger one, and you never know

6. Yeah, I'd keep it around for a while too. Never know. You can always clone it, then flower it out. If it don't perform, scrap the clone.

7. #47 CodeName47, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
    Thanks, yeah I'll have to figure something out for her, I don't want to scrap her early, but I also have very serious space limitations to work with. I do have an extra little area in my tent that I could probably rig a couple CFLs and see what she does. Right now I'm just using it for storage.

20150809_160445.jpg

8. I hear ya. Limited space sucks! I got two 4x8 areas, and it's just not enough for me... Well, it is, but I want more!

9. I don't think it would ever be enough space anything short of a few warehouses, and a few acres haha.

10. The difference between these two girls are night and day. It's strange after seeing how uniform the Jamaican Pearl seeds were. All 5 look identical as if they were clones. Makes me wonder how good these genetics are?
    1439361455945.jpg

11. I would think it would always be possible to get random underachievers.
    Need a larger sample set to really form an opinion.

12. Yeah I agree, guess I just expected more uniformity from a "landrace" genetic.

13. Nothing in life is impervious to slight variation.
    Two clones off the same plant don't always grow equally.

14. Crankz: the voice of reason. Another valid point brother. I'm just hoping me hating on the little one will make her try to prove me wrong. Lol

15. #55 CodeName47, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
    What's up ladies and gents?

Quick growth update, I think the soil might be a little too hot for the first few weeks for these ladies.
    Only thing I've added is some super thrive and rapid start. Still no nutes.

Here's Tiny
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

She's looking fine so far.

and her big sister
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

Notice on her: the weird node growth on the 2nd node not counting the baby leaves. I topped her the other day.

I also did some root pruning about 4 days ago on my mother plants since I don't want them to get much larger.

5.jpg

I cut off about an inch or two from the bottom
    6.jpg

Then the same on each side.
    7.jpg

I put about an inch of new soil in the bottom and then fill in new around the root ball and buried a bit of the stock (edit: stock? stalk*...)

This picture is from today and they have exploded with new growth since the root pruning.
    8.jpg

So far so good on the Afghans and the moms seem happy about having some more wiggle room.
    That's all for now folks. Have a good week.

16. So for those of you who remember when I was trying to sex my Bubblegum seeds to find females. Well, out of all 10 of my bubblegum seeds only 1 was a female. I finally found her.

Here she is.
    1440236625551.jpg

17. And she looks great code

18. Short photo update, these bitches going to be ready to clone soon 😊

The bigger one seems to be a bit more branchy than the smaller one. I was gone for a few days and man she is a heavy feeder already, a couple of the fans got cannibalized and fell off/removed.

1440762181690.jpg

But she has caught up in size, it seems she may be suited more for SOG style grows will have to wait and see for sure.

1440762238806.jpg

19. Oh man they're lookin great!

20. Hell yea Dani, I really like how broad the leaves are looking on tiny too.