Gorillaz appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Freeker, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Heyo!

The last year i've developed a liking ([​IMG]) for Gorillaz. At the time i have this impression that Damon Albarn is sort of a genius musical pioneer. The thing that really sparked my interest was this recording from Glastonbury festival.

From what i've managed to gather, they stepped in for U2. However i can not wrap my mind around the fact that the crowd was lazy, stale at best. I mean come on, these guys got Bobby Womack, Lou Reed, De la Soul, Snoop Dogg (Snoop came for ~5min stage time? Fcking hell [​IMG]) and so on to come to their performance at a festival. That impresses the hell out of me.

Furthermore I'd recommend On Melancholy Hill as the most chill electronica song i've ever heard.

2. Gorillaz has a found place in my heart. I remember the first time, so so many years ago, when I first saw there music video for Feel Good Inc. on MTV at some odd hour in the morning. I fell in love with them.

3. I love Gorillaz. This one isn't mentioned often but I love their song "little pink plastic bags" it is so chill and great for driving. And then Superfast Jellyfish is another favorite :)

4. Superfast Jellyfish is great. Gonna have to listen to little pink plastic bags, new to me. I think my favorite songs right now would be "O green world" and "Pirate jet"-