Question about charcoal filters

Discussion in 'Security' started by activewheat, Jul 31, 2015.

1. I have a friend who got one because their house always wreaked. And I know my place gets smelly when we smoke and stuff, I was thinking of getting a small charcoal setup to help but was wondering what size I'd be looking at. My friends is like 4 feet tall with a pretty big fan pulling threw and it's kinda loud.. Is there a quieter way of achieve a smell good house? I don't have then atm but I can get measurements tomorrow of my area if it would help. Its 3 am and I'm on my phone so it's hard to find a lot of results. Thanks for any help in advance, peace out ✌

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

2. Also no plants here just heavy smoking and slight weight here n there

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

3. Considered an Ozone Generator?

4. Aren't those meant to be used with no people in the vicinity?

5. #5 Piggy Squishy, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    Yes, well after careful consideration... you could choose to try to pull the air outside of the room through a carbon filter, but honestly that reminds me one of those cigarette smoking rooms which they attempt to do the same kind of thing. You still walk out of them smelling like smoke, and while it may work to keep the smoke from lingering into other rooms, it still sinks when you walk into the room. The chemicals adhere themselves to the furniture, walls, etc... so if the lingering smoke going into another room is the issue/problem sure I'd say the carbon filter idea is great. But if you are trying to remove the lingering odors from the room you where smoking in, well then I'd personally go with the ozone generator and run it when you are outside of the room.

When I was sitting in my one room smoking cigs and such in a single room with my buddies for hours at a time, I ended up getting an Negative Ion Generator (the contaminants stick to the metal grid plates) and another air purifier which used five different HEPA filters and a small carbon filter over the top of each HEPA Filter to scrub the air and move lots of air around the room, it worked great to keep the smoke out of the air but you could still smell it on the furniture and such. So I got an Ozone Generator and would turn it on when I was out of the room, and you couldn't smell anything in that room when you walked in there.