1st Grow Noob Here

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by IkeInMass, Jul 30, 2015.

1. I will have a jewelers loupe or a usb microscope for the next grow.

2. Checked my plant this morning and seems like the tricombs exploded overnight. Almost all the colas look like they are coated with frost! Looks delicious!! I'll post a couple of crappy close ups tonight.

3. Today's pics.

Attached Files:

4. I still don't see any amber. Waiting impatiently....

5. I don't understand it. Every day I check my tricomes hoping to see a few amber and every day I see more new calyx growth and more white pistols. This bagseed must have a really long flower period. I have the next batch germinating now.

6. yea based on those pics you definitely have a week or two left. better to error on the side
    of going too long than too short.

7. Absolutely, I've waited this long. Don't wanna mess it up in the home stretch.

8. Those look like some nice plants, they are packing on the weight now. Not much longer I wouldn't think.

9. STILL waiting to harvest. Another week gone by and I still can't find anything resembling an amber tricome. 3 pics from today. Somebody tell me to chop this thing down.

Attached Files:

10. I know that trichomes are a much better indicator of when to chop based on gland development instead of going off of pistils, but it does look like it's got a little bit more to go, there just seems to be a little bit too much premature growth, but some plants have a lot of fresh white pistils when the plant is ready apparently, so if you can see mostly cloudy, then the plant is at it's most potent peak , just make sure you can point out the difference between clear and cloudy through your lense/scope,
    You don't want to harvest early by accident :')

11. Cut her Ike [​IMG]

12. i'm not to his stage in flower yet, but how and when do you take a sample?

13. I wouldn't sample until the calyx (flowers) swell, just cut off a bud, dry it, and smoke it. When I run new strains I do this at various times after the swell, just to dial in harvest timing. I run clones so this allows me to gauge optimal cut time because genetics are always the same.

14. how long into flower would you say you sample? today is the 20th day in flowering, but about the 3rd day of the stretch stopping. just a rough guess

15. I'm gonna let her go for 1 more week. She is coming down next Tuesday morning before the lights come on. Is everyone agreed that no water 2 days before harvest and 24 hours of total darkness before harvest?

16. 20 days from when you switched the lights to 12/12 or 20 days since they showed sex?

17. Yes, there does still seem to be a lot of new calyx growth. I changed the lights to 12/12 on May 31st and they showed me pistols on June 8th so I guess we are in the 9th week of flower now. As soon as I can see an amber trichome it's coming down.

18. hey Ike...20 since light flip. Been about 5 days now that the 2 indicas have been pistiling up.

19. 15 days to show pistols seems pretty long. What are you giving them for light? I would absolutely wait another 55 days before I even though about testing any buds. I am using CFL's (6x125watt) and a blue/red LED panel for 1 plant.

20. pistling up. Meaning good looking bud sites. Not meaning showing sex