Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to decarb my herb, oven wont go below 170 degrees Celsius?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by soulo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. #1 soulo, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    Hi so i am new to this forum i have been using it for awhile just never made a account. I am trying to make some edibles as soon as i can so i have enough time to test them before my flight next week. Problem is my oven wont go below 338 degrees Fahrenheit. All help is appreciated thanks!

2. At 8:08 in this video is a method to decarb on the stovetop using a pot of boiling water:

I haven't tried it personally, but I trust the teacher!

3. There was a chart going around a while, I think from skunk pharmaceutical.

It said, and i am not advocating for this, that you could decarb at 350 f for 7 minutes.

Do your own research.

4. I have the same oven problem and the oven bag as a double boiler looks perfect. However, water boils at 204 degrees at my altitude-- will that decarb? Boiling water maintains a constant temperature, right?

5. #5 Tokintb12, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Edit

• Like Like x 2
  6. that was my first idea, but I like the stovetop idea, IF this stuff will decarb at 203 Fht. Might have to scrounge and come up with a toaster oven. I can smoke if it takes a while to find it, but one edible in the morning is theraputic throughout my day.

7. 240 F for 40 minutes is just one of the possible combinations of time and temp that can be used to decarb.
    Hotter for less time or cooler for longer gets it done.
    Several charts online with a little searching.
    An oven thermometer and cycling the oven off and on will get it done as well.

BNW

8. If you have to use the oven Put a thermometer in the oven, turn it down all the way and either open the door to see if that will get the temps down enough or keep the door closed and turn the stove on and off as needed to keep the desirable temp. My oven will get low enough but i still use my bbq thermometer to double check the temp. It has a probe that stays in the oven and the digital readout stays out of the oven

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My 1st decarb recipe called for 5min @300F, Master Wu Definitive Green Dragon Recipe.
    Always seemed to work. But I prefer the low and slow of 40 @240F

10. If you look ,your going to find the 40@240 is the optimal temperature range. Making it the most bioavailable to your system. Any more or less on time and temp will not give optimal results.