Outdoor grow help: Im pretty much a noob

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Useyurname, Jul 29, 2015.

1. #1 Useyurname, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    So I just got these guys in the ground about a week ago, and they're starting to look a little sad. I started seedlings pretty late, and put them in a flower light cycle for 10-12 days to sex them. Once I picked out the healthy females I put them in the ground right away. I used Kellogg All Natural Garden Soil (2-3gal), native soil (1 gal?), composted steer manure (3-4 cups), a small amount of my own compost, and feed them with fish fertilizer. The bottom leaves are yellowing and some are turning necrotic, and the whole plant seems to droop a little more than I'm used to seeing. Growth isn't very fast either. They are in climate zone 5a.

I'm thinking it's a nutrient/soil problem, and also wondering if I have any hope of these ladies reverting back to veg for at least a month or so. They are only a foot tall at the most right now.

Attached Files:

2. How often are you watering? What is the NPK ratio on your feed? I have seen those symptoms from over watering (poor drainage). Also how long was the cow manure composted?

3. I'm watering every other day or so. I thought it was over watering at first too, so that still could be the case. NPK is 5-1-1, and I'm not sure on the manure. Its just a manure+ compost mix I got from home depot.

4. Probably cut back on the watering, I also use Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 (pretty forgiving stuff) for veg. Look into their
    bloom fertilizer as well, I have seen good results. The veg for a month is all dependent upon how much daylight you are receiving in your area. I have had strains start flower in 14hrs of light and some other strains at 13hrs.

5. #5 Useyurname, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    I am going to try and cut back on watering a bit, and might go ahead and add some pearlite into the soil to see if that helps. It is draining sort of slow. Alaska is what I'm using too, seems fine.

They are starting to flower since I put the seedlings in a flower light cycle for 10 or so days, I'm just wondering if they will revert back to veg a little more before late Aug-Sept.

Thank you for the replies so far!

6. No problems, hopefully helpful. Almost everything outdoors is flowering where I am, if you are getting 13 hours of light a day
    I would say that they will remain in flower. Plants in my area don't re-veg unless light cycles go above 14-15 hours a day for a few weeks.

7. That's what I'm thinking. Was hoping for some more growth first, but hopefully harvest will still be worth it!

Thanks!

8. Most of the Northern Hemisphere will be starting to flower by mid Aug so they will continue to flower unless you light them up..
    I've used this solar light to extend the time I can veg outside but it has it's limits not getting enough charge time as winters short days roll around..
    [​IMG]
    Home depot Hampton bay 70 lumen on the right..
    As of a few days ago I transplanted everybody and shoved them all back in the shed I use to veg in most of the year.. Still way hot but they outgrew what the solar can cover..

[​IMG]
    Depending on when or if you get frost or freeze you'll have to call a halt to your outside activities.. I'm in So Calif and it's warm enough to grow all year.. I veg them under lights in a broken down garden shed and use the outside as a giant flower room.

9. That solar light is badass. I could use a few of those next spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum