I find it ironic that they call it reality t.v.

Discussion in 'General' started by bananapancakes38, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Considering that most reality t.v. shows are so scripted and fake.

2. according to this

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-secrets-making-reali...

its not as scripted as people think, its more set up, like the producers will introduce the cast to a situation and then film it unfold...(they give the example of a skunk being let lose on a show, the skunk was planned by a producer, but the cast rounding it up in a trashcan with a pool cue in their underwear was real)

then on top of that they edit film down and add in things like musical cues and sound effects to make the scenes "pop", like a laugh track does on a sit-com

so its not exactly scripted, its more "controlled"

3. I believe in tv

[​IMG]

4. They should make a reality show around me...Call it, "The Heavens: OscarZetaAcosta Uncut."

That would be bitchin'.[​IMG]

5. I remember a show where they put a bunch of ppl in a house and they have to decide who gets 1 million dollars. great show loved it tho I don't rmember the name

anywho first episode they all decide tht the trucker gets the money cause he had the saddest background story. so everyone votes for him except for one guy who was also a major douche. I figured the producers put tht guy there to prevent tht very thing from happening

don't remember who got the money either - this show was on years ago

6. It's not reality... It's actuality.. Lol

7. #7 Deleted member 751438, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
    fvyfhjuyjyghluyj

8. So you still have your foreskin? :confused:

As for (un) reality shows: I fucking hate them and never watch them.

9. umm no, scripted is when they hand the people a script and they memorize lines and recite them on camera...

A producer putting a skunk on the set of a show and filming their reaction is not scripted...its filming the reaction of people to a skunk...no one wrote a script...

10. scripted = set up, not necessarily directly from a script. Set up = not real, not a real situation, "introducing" a situation to the cast does not mean it counts as a real situation on the basis that it just wasn't off of a script. The improvised and introduced situations are the script of the show in situations like that, but the principles are exactly the same as in the issue of OPs post.

11. #11 -13 Amp-, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
    no, scripted means someone wrote a script, set up means set up

words have meanings for a reason, scripted and set up are not the same thing...you can set up a situation and film the reaction, NOT knowing what the reaction would be...thats not scripted in any meaning of the word

script<sup class="lr_dct_ent_hi">1</sup>
    skript/<input type="image" width="14" height="14">
    <div class="lr_dct_sf_h">verb
    past tense: scripted; past participle: scripted
    1. <div class="lr_dct_sf_sen vk_txt"><div style="margin-left:20px"><div style="margin-left:-20px" class="_Jig"><div style="display:inline" data-dobid="dfn">write a script for (a play, movie, or broadcast).

</div></div></div>
    </div></div>if no one wrote one, its not scripted

12. #12 Deleted member 751438, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
    but it's still not real

13. #13 jay719, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
    I have a friend who is filming a reality series for one of the major networks, they are very scripted and directed.

14. I remember watching one close to 10 years ago about how someone was "surviving" by himself out in the wild.

Hmm, he wasn't quite alone though, there was at least one cameraman with him.

How fucking stupid.

15. #15 bananapancakes38, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    It's quick, cheap, and easy to make, morons love to watch it. Just a vicious cycle of bullshit we're gonna have to deal with. If only there was something we could do to make it more easier to cope with it's sad pathetic existence.
    Oh wait...[​IMG]

16. Bear Grylls? He had camera men with him. As far as I know, Les Stroud did not. He would go set up a camera for a shot of him walking across some area and then go back and grab the camera. You could still even call that "set up" in a way since he was specifically setting up that shot.

17. I don't remember who it might have been. That was the last "reality" show I watched except for being coerced into watching an episode of "Survival" around Christmas 2007. :( It was so boring.

18. Discovery has a lot of shows like that. Man vs Wild, Dual Survival, Naked and Afraid. I think they're running out of ideas. :p

19. I watch Tv to escape reality !
    All that reality Tv crap started in the UK where people are abnormally anal.