Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using edibles as first time experience?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Liambruh, Jul 28, 2015.

1. So I'm finally getting a chance to try weed. My friend is getting me some high grade weed sometime this week. He says the smell is really loud and he has already smoked some and really liked it. I don't wanna smoke the weed, so I was looking at edibles as an option instead. I don't wanna smoke it because I run track and just don't wanna fuck up my lungs in anyway. I can't buy a vape or any equipment so those aren't options. I was looking at doing firecrackers since they appear to be pretty easy, but I know the main problem with me attempting to do edibles is dosage. It seems so different per person and ofc I have zero tolerance so it is much more difficult for me to determine where to start. I see many people say you need at least 1g but I'm pretty sure I don't need that much. If I try .3g-.4g how do you think the experience would be. Would I most likely get high?
    Again, I know edibles aren't the best choice for first time, but they also appear to be the most discreet way of getting high(except bloodshot eyes which can be taken care of). Just lemme know your thoughts and advice 😁

2. I won't like I think it's a bad idea and I'd highly advise against it.

Smoking one time won't damage your lungs.

.3-.4 should get you fucking wrecked if made properly.

also nothing is going to cover up the fact that you are extremely high, especially eye drops. Red eyes will be the last thing to give away the fact that you ate some cannabis.

3. #3 puddleglum, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    Nothing wrong with doing edibles for your first time. If you are health-conscious then I applaud your decision not to smoke!

I recommend a dosage between 2mg and 10mg of THC for a first-time user. You can read more information on edibles dosage in this article: http://boingboing.net/2014/11/18/everything-you-ne...

I have never made firecrackers before (I am allergic to crackers) so I'm afraid I can't give you specific advice on that topic.

4. It's so much harder to dose with edibles. It takes up to 2 hours for the effects to kick in fully. It's very difficult to know how much you want or need and VERY EASY to end up ingesting more than you would want or enjoy. This is why I would never recommend it.

When you have a puff you wait 2 seconds/2 minutes and you feel it and you can decide if you want more or not, 1 tiny dose at a time.

no first time user making firecrackers is going to be able to dose out a specific dosage like 2 mg or 10 mg. That is just ridiculous.

5. #5 puddleglum, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    I agree 1,000%, which is why I said "I've never eaten a firecracker," recommended no more than 10mg (and it should go without saying, if you don't have a way to measure how much THC you are eating, don't do it!!), and provided a link to a vendor of lab-tested, low-dose edibles. [​IMG]

6. Alright so i took BrotherUrb's advice and decided it would be best not to use edibles. I smoked a small amount of my g yesterday thru an apple pipe, it was weird i'll say idk if it was a high or buzz but it felt nice

7. Edibles as a first time cannabis experience is a very, very bad idea, IMO. The worst possible way to start. I think there's a tiny chance it would work out well, and it's much more likely that you'd have one of these two outcomes:1. Nothing happens.2. So much happens, for so long and with so much intensity, that you have a very bad experience and never use cannabis again.Remember, regardless of what you may have heard, you CAN overdose on cannabis. You can't die from an overdose, but you definitely can feel like you will.My advice: don't do it. If it's high grade weed, take just one hit on a pipe, one hitter, whatever. That's enough to get you plenty high without taking any chances of having a bad experience, and one hit won't be any worse for your lungs than breathing for a day in an urban area.

8. If you can buy from a dispensary then edibles are great. If you're going Betty Crocker, probably not great. I have gummy's from a dispensary for people who want to try it but won't smoke. I give them .5 mg and they love it. I wouldn't make my own though