How much trimming can be done

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by tp13610, Jul 28, 2015.

1. on day 6 of flower? Pics will be posted later when they wake up. But one has minimal light to the bottom. I want to clone them both, but don't know what to take and what not to. Any "pre-picture" advice is appreciated

2. I would take the branches in poor light and clone them. Have you cloned before?

3. If I was desperate for a clone i'd still do it, but then i'd wait for stretch to end before any more pruning, too much chance to stunt the plant at that time.

4. Never cloned before. And the only thing these plants have had done is FiM. And that was like 2 weeks ago. Pics coming in a bit.

5. this is one plant. i know its had issues from the start (bad advice) but i would like to maximize the potential if possible

Attached Files:

6. Just take your cutting from the bottoms because they naturally have more rooting auxin. This is roughly what I do and works at at about 95% success. Some strains root faster than others so be patient.

7. plant 2, 3, and 4. different stages all 1 week into flower.

Attached Files:

8. These look great, not much to save here unless you are trying to preserve a specific phenotype for a mother.

9. all bagseed so have no idea about the sex...of any of them. i think one may be a girl. not sure. but even still i'd like to try cloning, even if they are male, for later on and knowledge. i just want more light on the bottom. they are bushy as hell

10. I would suggest LST (tying them down) for lower light penetration at this stage.

11. I wanted to lst in the beginning but was a bad start. I'm comfortable now to do it. Is it OK to do lst one week into flower?

12. You can lst at any point in a grow, even late flower. I even supercrop during flower and have great results, but would suggest lst to begin with,

13. so just lst and no trimming? How many clones can I take per plant at once?

14. I'm not a fan of trimming although people seem to have descent results with it, I try to keep every leaf on the plant until chop.
    Looking at those I would say 5 clones per plant easy, taking the bottom nodes would essentially create a lollipoped flowering plant. Great thing is you can veg some of the clones you take and flower the plants you took them from(labeling which ones you took them from}. Once you sample each plant keep the clone from the best one and make it your mother. Then no more buying seeds, just take clones from your "keeper" from then on. I believe people refer to this practice as a pheno hunt.

15. If your going to remove leaves wait until week 2 after the stretch.

With 4 plants at least 1 should be female, wait until you see some preflowers then take form her to clone

16. I saw them tonight before the lights went off. Saw it on 3 places. So obviously I want to clone her. Taking cuttings won't effect at this point now will it? You know....turn hermie.

17. Nope

18. Alrighty. I've seen quote a few of those limbs your talking about. Just so I'm clear, when trimming, or cloning, take the branches that aren't the giant fan leaves. Is that right?

19. Correct sir.