Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I tell my Doc I smoke MJ (Australia)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by THC_Lad, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

I have had anxiety for most of my life and found that if I smoked cannabis fortnightly it helped with it a lot, I had seen a doctor about my anxiety and he had me have a blood test for Iron count and something about my thyroid and a couple of other thing. I believe that THC may have shown up in my tests but I don't care about that.

I am wondering should I tell my doctor that I smoke it medicinally for my anxiety and how much it helps me?

I live in Australia and Aussie tokens who have done the same thing a reply would be great.

any reply at all would be great.

Thanks
    and remember toke away [​IMG]

2. It wouldn't hurt. The doctor isn't going to call the cops on you, they are there to answer any questions you have related to your health and well-being. I would tell he or she as they are a medical professional and have reliable advice.

3. Thanks, thats a great Idea.
    True that, they're there for our health and wellbeing, Australia is starting to have a growing number of possible signs medical marijuana will be in trial at the beginning of next year but for the terminally ill, like those with (man made) drug resistance and cancer patients. hopefully it will soon be available for this like me where it helps with my ADHD and my anxiety.

4. Sure why not ?

5. Yeah weed should be available to everyone who could benefit from it. It helps me with my ADHD too and Australia is a fast changing country, good things should happen there within the next decade.

6. definitely bro, Aussie is a very fast moving country indeed, and thats great bro!

7. Does your shrink know you smoke weed ?

8. No because I have never needed to talk to a shrink lol my doctor does though.

9. Never, ever.

Doctors are very ignorant when it comes to things like THC. The majority of doctors still think THC causes brain damage.

But then again I refuse to go to doctor's in general...

10. Yes because he may prescribe some meds that could possibly interact with the MMJ. Good luck to you.

"my Sheila sat by the billabong and said 'g'day mate'! "

11. Never tell anybody that you smoke weed so basicly you already fucked up

12. don't know how it works down under but here if you go in record with the doc about it , it could show up on insurance or med record's as you being a drug user.

13. I would tell him without a doubt. There is doctor-patient confidentiality, and as long as you're not trying to harm yourself or others, then they can't say anything.