USB cables are a major contributor to anxiety

Discussion in 'General' started by Jsen, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Someone else has to be going through this too.
    I am a heavy phone user and I kill my Nexus 5 1-2 times a day. I have... *counting*... 14 phone chargers in active use (at least weekly)... my cables last 5 or 10 uses and thats about it... after that the pins stick down. Now I can bend it back into shape and use it another dozen times. After this i have to hold the cord down at an angle and kind of wrap the cord around my phone to stay like that and charge. of course if i bump it i stop charging

looking at my amazon/ebay/dollar store purchases recently. I bought 22 REPLACEMENT cables for $1-12 EACH totaling about $87 in the past 3 months. I have 3 good, perfectly functioning cables left. WHY! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!?! my phone is constantly dead. I now hallucinate the damn low battery notification sound and its driving me crazy. I'm missing calls from my wife, lawyer, etc. because i bumped my phone in the middle of the night and it died. You could write a movie about the stupid things that have happened to me originating from my stupid USB cable not connecting properly. ive replaced my phone, used different models, done rooting/battery maximizing, tried the "best" usb cables out there. USB CABLES HAVE LITERALLY DRIVEN ME TO TEARS AND I'M A GROWN MAN!

Ok I'm exaggerating the words a bit but seriously, this is real lol. anyone else have cable issues? i have 2 old cables from years ago that ive used hundreds of times that REFUSE to break. any cable i go out and buy is worthless. Any ideas? cables that work for you? I'm out of options man. my phone has been under 15% for 3 days now and im considering getting a second phone for "internet use" so that my nexus can be used for vital functions

2. This sounds retarded

3. Stop bendin' the plugs.

That will be $14.92...Pay up, don't make me send Tony 'Two Toes' Toranicelli after you.[​IMG]

4. Are you obsessive compulsive?

5. I could have posted "im having bad luck with usb cables, anyone know of a good brand?" but that wouldn't have been as fun [​IMG] I'm really stumped on this though, theres no way I can be beating up these cables enough to break them so quickly. Most recently I tried Anker cables and got 5 uses from the first one, and out of the other 5 a couple dozen uses a piece. The old no name cable i keep at my PC has lasted years and my car charger gets beat up and thrown all the time without issue. The housing on the charger is falling apart, the cable shield is frayed and torn, but the connector always clicks in without an issue.

6. if your cables are breaking like that then you are doing something wrong don't bend or pull your cables! don't try to over stretch them you will not only damage the cable doing this but the phone as well and if your phone is dying as fast as you claim you likely already had

7. Get ur priorities right bra... I got anxiety over bills my kids baby mama drama n someone out their upset bout some damn cables...

8. Stop buying shitty cheap chargers from ebay...half of those are sold broken....and put your phone on power save mode and use one of those lil portable chargers.

9. I've never had a laptop charger in my life that didn't fucking break. EVER.

10. ^^^^^^^^^

11. Don't they have a wireless charger for Nexus?

12. Cheap replacements are cheap.

IME you have to pay more and buy an original charger for like 20 or 30 bucks if you want a quality charger.

13. my amazon brand cable has lasted a couple years now

14. #15 Vicious, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    He sounds he could have OCPD or at least has an anxiety disorder. It's not fair to tell people "don't feel bad about this because I deal with that".

People aren't normally moved to tears over this.

15. I'm just confused about how you're breaking your charging cables so often... throughout the dozen phones I've had, I think I've only had to buy a new charging cable like once or twice. I've had this phone for a year, still using the cable that came with it. Phone before that I had for 2 or 3 years, still used the cable that came with it.

Are you being especially rough with them or what? :confused:

16. no this is stupid. if you cant own a usb cable without breaking it then its a miracle you've lived this long

17. I have like a million of them from old phones and from people leaving them here. I've never broken 1.
    amazon somehow does cables right. i bought one of their HDMI cables when the one that came with my ps3 died and it's way better than the Sony one and it was dirt cheap.

18. This. Qi chargers are cheap and very easy to get. It charges way slower, but if you're breaking cables that often, its really the only alternative other then learning how to plug in your charger correctly.

19. Sounds like your having major problems with your phones os, your apps, or something. You shouldn't drain a battery that fast.