wood ash experience anyone?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by sbgrowery, Jul 27, 2015.

1. people need to explain things, if there is no explanation of what the thinking is then i can never properly learn anything from anyone.... actually you never did explain your thoughts to me, you only gave suggestions... what exactly do i need to look up about cec and pdfs?....

so wet is saying that it IS a ph problem, yet you say that it isnt...

freakin confused lol

i get what i have to do now but still gets me that you both think that its two different things? yet your agreeing like your talking about the same thing....?

and i do have a mix that is "proven to be successful" if you read the first post its right there.. the same mix thaats posted in the beginning of "easy organic soil mix for beginners"

2. You need to read. Here's the first post of the thread which states 1 cup per cubic foot? Plus 3-4 weeks cooked. You should follow the directions till you can learn about how it works.

When I posted that, I thought you'd added calmag. Then you said that you hadn't. So I edited my response in the Lounge where you have others who've given you advice. It is not my responsibility to keep track of both threads and that makes it confusing. If you think it's ph by all means do what you think is best. You seem pretty set that you know what is wrong. PDFs are pinned to the top of the forum right next to Easy soil thread. Both topics are in there. You can check out the Acres Lime PDF and there's some on CEC. Ph is influenced by hydrogen; not calcium. The carbonate is what buffers ph. I thought you had added it and that can effect other fertilizers like magnesium which gives you red spots like you mentioned.
    Good luck.

3. lol you need to read aswell because i already stated that i added the correct ratios but i didnt let it cook at all (long story) and thats what lead me to think ph...

and i never asked you to keep track of my threads, you decided to answer to both when you didnt have to so thats all you... i appreciate it tho

honestly i think you just completely confused yourself cuz you dont read the whole posts your the only one whos makin it confusing ?

thanks for the info tho i really like havin lil spats with people it helps me learn a lot of stuff

4. You keep answering your own question and then willfully ignore it.

YOU DIDN'T LET THE SOIL COOK!!!!!

Yes, there MIGHT be a pH problem, simply because the lime hasn't had time to buffer the mix. It will correct itself as the lime has time to work AND the microbes have time to get established and balanced out.

If you're looking for instant gratification, pick another grow method. If not, learn patience.

Wet

5. bro you dont even know what my question was?

i never even asked if it was ph, i was already certain that it was, ladyluckybean said that she knew it wasnt ph and i wanted to know why. now i understand her thinking.

neither of you know how to read an entire post, ive already stated that the solution has been found a while ago... i just wanted to know the thinking behind everything like i said before.... but you probably didnt read that either

i just wanted people to EXPLAIN, you act like im still trying to figure this all out and yes you both finally kind of did... no offense but you people just need to learn how to read a post... how the heck am i ignoring the solution? makes no friggin sense dude

i just wanted to know why people think the way they do and all they seem to do is get pissy about it... i stopped trying to look for an instant solution a while ago but again you didnt read that either obviously

anyway thanks for the help i appreciate it but you guys are not noob friendly what so ever... if i never know how you think about things then i can never apply that information by myself...

dont you get it?

now that i FINALLY have some sort of a clue of what you both were thinking, i can move on with my life

hopefully next time youll care to explain yourself

peace

6. woah lets chill, here i brought some scoobysnacks. [​IMG]

look, i understand you are frustrated but you got to understand we dont work for GC. we come here on our own time to share our passion for this hobby. if you feel like the help isnt satisfying i suggest you educate yourself first. and i dont mean to say that in a condescending way, its just the best way you will get to where you want to be (growing dank weed).

when i first came to GCO (which was not very long ago at all) i had a million questions. i started asking in the no-till thread and bluejay was kind enough to give me a detailed answer. the problem was it only left me with more questions. and i noticed other poeple asking similar questions. so what i did was go to page 1 and started reading the 400 pages long (back then) thread. after about 100 pages most of my questions were answered, but i read the whole thing which took me about a week on and off.

i keep saying this over and over, but i honestly think the best advice i can give anyone is to read the sticky threads. pretty much every question that could be asked about growing cannabis has already been asked and answered in these two threads (no-till and beginners soil mix) and more often then not have been asked and answered multiple times. not to mention they are just chock full of great information from the more experienced blades around here.

in the end you will learn best from your own experience. i am on my fourth round, and this is the first time i can say i nailed the organic growing method. my other attempts didnt fail but were not even close to the quality i got now. and every time i followed someones advice on a grow forum. so you see in the end i had to see for myself what works best (for me anyway)

as for foliar, i dont know if it will help you or not. i dont think it can hurt anything though but i could be wrong? [​IMG]

peace and pot and all that.

7. i feel you 100% yo.... im greatful for all advice good or bad but dang the people on here make absolutely no sense to me or my brother or any of my friends, but they seem to make sense to eachother? im so confused.... but its all good i mean my question has been answered already, thanks for tryin to help...

but dang why does everyone keep saying that? ive done a shit load of research... the only thing that i was confused about was foliar feeding but honestly fuck it im just goin to do tests in the future and wing it with foliars...

its just frustrating when no one makes sense but they all seem to be agreeing with eachother even though they have different opinions...

everytime i come on here i feel insane lol

and im pretty much at the same place as you except im on my 3rd and 4th organic grow and theyre coming along pretty good it seems... almost all of my info came from here as well at the easy organic soil mix thread and the aact thread

i would be down to read all the way through the threads but damn thats a SHIT LOAD of info and they are very broad topics. plus i cant be sitting at a computer frying my brain like that tho cuz its against a lot of my beliefs and shit... thats why i resort to asking a quick question but i cant be doing that shit.... i need a fat ass source of good info that doesnt come from a computer.... like a weed bible from the 15-1700's or somethin like that, thatd be sweet

8. I hear Jorge's book is great.

9. whats jorge's book? is that the name of it?lol

10. SBG - by now your plants should have sorted things out IF you left out your bottled crap. How are you making out now?

General organics???.... you do know that you're in the ORGANIC section of GC right?

Likely that most all of us don't use and/or have no experience with that specific label AND we hate that crap!! haha... not really, no haters here bro.

The way I see it is that you go organic OR you use your bottles. I can't see anyone having a good growing experience organically by doing a half ass soil mix and trying to "fix" it with bottled ANYTHING.

If I was you I'd be all over some QUALITY EWC - that you can amend and do a soil drench with and get immediate results for the positive.

Coast of Main has some:

http://www.coastofmaine.com/soils-wiscasset.shtml

11. #31 sbgrowery, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    im good dude and if you actually read shit youd know that the mix im using isnt half assed and i didnt touch the bottled shit.... everythings fine and it has been... youd know that if youd read shit too but its all good yo

but yeah coast of maine ewc are really really expensive

12. i top dressed some of them and i left others alone and theyre all doin fine.. i mixed one of the plants soil with half soil from the garden and its doing the best by far, i have no idea whats in the garden since i just moved here and it was already set up... seems like good shit, reallly freakin compact tho but ive grown awesome plants in it before

13. #33 sbgrowery, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    im goin to give them some teas too, only a couple times and then teas will most likely wont do much after that since theyre in the ground... the freakin ground im tellin you i hate pots sooooooooo much lol..

i forgot to mention that i was wondering about the use of wood ashes and weed plants because the guys that grow that malawi gold in africa only use just that on their plants every so often... i saw that shit on a strain hunters video a long ass time ago