PlatinumLED Mars-Hydro comparison grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Antics, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Happy Thanksgiving all

2. Thanks man, happy thanksgiving to you too

3. Monday will be 3 weeks flushing, and trichs aren't anywhere close to 10% amber, so today we gave both plants a little booster feeding:

5ml Micro
    5ml Bloom
    5ml Magnum
    1.6 grams Sonic Bloom
    5ml G10
    5ml Snow Storm Ultra
    12ml Killer Tea

We will resume flushing at the next watering.

4. How far do you put the LEDs from the plant? Just got a 300w Mars hydro and wondering

5. It all depends on what stage of growth you're in.

18-24" for veg
    14-18" bloom

6. Damn I'm gonna need to figure out someway to hang this shit then

7. What differences are you seeing currently?

8. Differences are the same as previously mentioned.

Platinum has thicker branches and stem, denser bud growth, buds feel heaver when comparing the two plants, trichome density appears roughly the same, and trichome maturation looks like its advancing more on the PlatinumLED side.

9. Update time!

Today is day 70. The first day of the 10th week.

Trichomes are starting to mature a bit on both plants, but there appear to be a few more ambers on the Platinum side.

Tent:
    DSCN0293.JPG

Tent again:
    DSCN0294.JPG

PlatinumLED:
    DSCN0295.JPG

Mars-Hydro:
    DSCN0298.JPG

Platinum:
    DSCN0299.JPG

Mars:
    DSCN0300.JPG

Platinum:
    DSCN0301.JPG

Mars:
    DSCN0302.JPG

Platinum:
    DSCN0303.JPG

Mars:
    DSCN0304.JPG

We should be harvesting this week, or early next week.

10. Awesome. Can't wait for the numbers. Great job on this side-by-side man.

11. Lookin good antics if my plants look any where near either one of those ill b happy great work bro

12. I gotta say the Mars has impressed me... And that's a reflector too right? Not the II?

How dense are the buds at the bottom of each plant?

13. No to both lol. I'm using a Mars Old Model 100x3 (with the white outer housing). They later revised it to a 60x5, and I believe have since stopped selling it, at least it's not on their web page. I've seen them occasionally on Ebay and Amazon though.

The buds at the bottom of both plants are fairly airy and light. At the middle they both increase in density, with Platinum feeling a little more dense than the Mars does, and the top colas of both are pretty solid, but platinum again does feel denser than the mars.

The best comparison I can say to give you all an idea of what I'm feeling, is that the middle colas on Platinum feel similar in density to the top colas on the Mars Bulk.

But for a $105 entry level light, it gives decent results.

14. Oh shit so that's an old old Mars, even more impressive. I'm definitely grabbing an Amare or platinum next but still, not too shabby.

Awesome looking plants btw man!

15. I got 2 of those models for 140$ on eBay I see on eBay all the time they'll have 2 or more for a decent price they also have the reflector series on there to in packs

16. You can see it in the first post here: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/13...
    I have a stock image, as well as the light hanging up. There's a few other pictures scattered throughout the journal as well.

One of my friends just compared an Amare to his Platinum, and the Platinum beat the Amare hands down. He grew the same strain under HPS and said the Amare couldn't even touch the HPS. Just wanted to mention this since you're looking at them both. Amare doesn't run 12 bands like Platinum, and I believe that's an extremely important factor in plant growth.

Thanks brother //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/shake.gif

Nice deal man. Same 100x3 that I'm using here?

2 lights should be good for 2-3 medium sized plants, about the size mine are.

17. Yes, they have stopped selling the original Mars (including the updated 5w) version on their website as they're not lights they like to "boast" about as they have no Veg/Bloom switches, but still sell them through EBay because they're cheap and people still like them especially as supplemental lighting.

Anyone considering a Mars should get a Mars II or Reflector for that Veg/Bloom option. Due to the way the Mars II works over the Reflector (has a glass front, diodes are together - therefore gets a lot warmer) I'd say the reflector looks better value. But it's a more diffuse light so I think it's one where more than one light in a system so they overlap would work together.

18. Yea antics ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448913471.386490.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448913494.737806.jpg

They worked very well for veg wasn't the same results in flower wit the 3 plants under it but idk maybe I messed something up ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448913603.502882.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448913641.524939.jpg thats at 3 weeks of 12/12 I already killed the plants and those lights r now in my wife's tent and idk if it's strong enough for these aloe plants tho

19. Wow did ur buddy do a journal? Which light did he use from amare?

20. I believe Dutty said his Platinum resulted in much more frost than his Amare Pro7 did.