4 plants fed same mix, 2 thriving 2 stunted? Leaves Taco and bend down

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Brainzfuxed, Jul 27, 2015.

1. #1 Brainzfuxed, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    Hey guys really need your help here. I have 4 plants side by side, 2 of them that are thriving are Auto Berry Bomb, the 2 that are struggling are Auto purple. All 4 are getting fed or have been getting fed 3.5g Maxibloom and 1ml of GH rapid Start in 100% coco coir. In terms of what water i was running 80% RO and 20% tap being that my Tap water is 650ppm. I just recently decided to cut my Maxibloom dose to 1.75g and eliminate the rapid start and only stick with RO water. What gives guys and why are they struggling.? Ph is 5.7 to 6.0 going in

Attached Files:

2. they're too young to feed. They need transplants into aerated soil and larger pots. There's no aeration in your soil at all. Doesnt matter your tap waters ppm this isn't hydro.

Stop feeding, fresh soil, adequate perlite and watch them bounce back. Don't feed til the lower foliage turns yellow and the plants self cannibalize.

3. #3 Brainzfuxed, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    i should mention it is in 100% coco btw. i was under the impression that coco doesnt have any nutrients so you have to add them in in the beginning. i look at teh roots and they are pearly white and they are drinking up the water fine. it is 100% not an issue with over watering as i only water when the container is less than half weight of when its fully saturated.

any more insight pokesmot247?

4. Any reason you went coco instead of soil?

Your ph is off, you have beginning signs of calcium and magnesium deficiency, which means ph is low.

I'd transplant them to soil and take the guesswork out. 420 recipe is 9 bucks a bag and needs only a bit of perlite.
    Chicken manure is 3 bucks per bag and can be added as a top dressing. Then you simply watch them grow. Unless you like the struggle and headache. I think growing should be easy. If you want to do the science thing I'd recommend building your own organic soil or going to straight hydro. I've seen too many issues with coco to be drawn to it.

The claw looks like nitrogen toxicity too. But bottled nutes do that :-/

5. I think it's a nitrogen toxicity from the gh rapid start because it has nitrogen in it and then once I added the maxi bloom is when this all happened plus a mild lockout from my mixed tap water which is why I switched to straight RO water. My ph is 5.7 going in.

Any other ideas? I've since reduced their feed and moved the light farther away so hopefully that will help. I have a Mars reflector that I think was probably too close to the light.

Also what is the 420 recipe?

6. no if the light was too close they'd fully form a taco. The twisted edges are ph related.

Maxibloom is a chemical fert used best in hydro. I used it for a year during my documentation of hydro growing.

It's not necessary to add other nutes to it.

I don't think your tap will hurt it one bit.

Ph of soil shouldn't fall below 6.5

Ph of hydro should fall between 5.8-6.2

Coco is somewhere In The middle. Raise your ph.

420'recipe is a soil that is made by eb stone, Google it and you'll love the stuff.

7. any other opinions

8. What is the PPM when you feed it? Also with coco keep your ph 5.9-6.1. 6.0 has always been my magic number. How are you measuring PH?
    Also, why are you feeding it Maxibloom? You need to get yourself some veg nutes. I have been using an organic line called west coast horticulture. They have a Grow, and a Bloom with a couple other additives.

If you are going to be growing for awhile, I would invest in a good line of nutrients, a good PH meter, and a good ec/ppm meter.

Do you have any bugs such as gnats or mites?