Overcoming getting over overthinking/paranoia/anxiety?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ProG7, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Has anybody overcome excessive overthinking and paranoia and got back to enjoying their high? If so, what can I do?

About a year ago I started smoking for about 6 months and loved it. Laughing, having a good time, music & food was 10x better, etc. Then randomly I started to get social anxiety from it (stuff like wondering if where I was putting my hand looked weird, if what I said sounded stupid), and kind of paranoid. Negative thoughts just took over. Had a semi panic attack from self consciousness, which helped motivate me to have 80 lb weight loss, which is why I think I can get back into smoking. The paranoia wasn't the paranoia where I think people know I'm high, but everything around me seems like a conspiracy theory lol. Like the government controls the weather, and other outlandish stuff that seems completely idiotic when I sober up. I even tell myself I'm overthinking it while stoned, but I'm so high that my thoughts all seem to connect the dots. I've smoked about 3 times in the last 6 months. It hasn't been as bad, but it still gets pretty weird.

Anyways, I miss the euphoric feeling and fun times I had while I stoned when I first started. I'm going off to college in a few weeks and I know the opportunity to get back into smoking is gonna come back and I've been wanting to get back into it, because when I enjoyed it, it was amazing.

So do y'all think I should just stay away from it or is there something that I can do to lighten up? Thanks.

2. #2 MN legit, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    I have the same problem. Smoke by yourself for a while then start smoking with your closest friends and family and make sure you are in a familiar environment.

3. Try listening to music high or drawing to get creative juices flowing

4. Thanks for the response. But actually my little panic attack happened while I was by myself, and I think being by myself causes me to go too deep into my thoughts. idk.

5. Yeah youll have to do whatever makes you comfortable

6. be comfortable smoking less. I used to have the same issue, and it was because all my friends could smoke 2-3 blunts straight to the face, so i thought that was normal.

I found out eventually that it only takes a bowl to get ripped and enjoy myself!

Try experimenting with the quantity that you smoke, it might make a huge difference, everyone is different!

good luck!

7. Start drinking......

8. That could help. I just noticed Most of the time I smoke is when I'm with my friends and they usually have a GB and a few blunts going so I just smoke until they're done. By the time I'm done I'm completely gone. Thanks

9. There is a wise saying.. Smoke weed, Don't let weed smoke you.

If you abuse medicine of course your going to get negative side effects eventually because it is not originally meant to be used in the way which most of us use it today. It is a Medicinal Healer and Spiritual teacher.

You are going through the dark stages though through darkness you will eventually find the Light. Maybe try look into spirituality and find your true purpose in life and just let go of fear because it ultimately is just an illusion creating all these problems that never existed in the first place.

Try Learn Meditation, It always helps me with this kinda stuff.

Then again make sure to find out what strain of weed you are smoking and what are the effects because there is countless different strains and effects of weed so you'll have to find the right one that suits you best.

Sometimes weed makes me anxious, Sometimes when i seem to have the right strain i hit Euphoria and removes my Anxiety.
    Also it is best not to smoke if you don't feel good before-hand because weed is known as an amplifier, So whatever thoughts, feelings you hold before smoking are most likely to amplify after getting high unless its the KO type which puts you to sleep. Who knows this question goes many ways.

Hope this helps

10. Definately have a look at what you are smoking as well. There are a shit load of different strains out there and they vary in strength effect etc. Sometimes a nice easy laid back Sativa is the best way to get a nice positive frame of mind on. Do some reading on what strains are more uplifting, buy some seeds and get growing!

11. Different strains definitely make a big difference in my occasional paranoia. For me it tends to slowly develop over time and then i just need a break for a couple weeks to clear my head completely.

12. Smoke an uplifting sativa in low quantities in a familiar environment

13. It sounds like you were getting lost in smoking weed, like was mentioned above about not letting weed smoke you. Try to put some limits on yourself with how much or when you smoke in the day, since you're going to college things like only smoking at night once all your work is done instead of being cloudy all day and end up not as productive.

14. could you explain what you mean by your first sentence?