Looking for a decent vaporizer ~100

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by pityparty, Jul 27, 2015.

1. #1 pityparty, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    I'm on kind of a tight budget and want to buy a dry herb vape for around $100, more or less.
    Less is better, but at the same time I don't want a piece of shit. Something portable and discreet would be preferable.

So far this is what I've found:

Are these any good or nah? Any recommendations? Please help I'm lost.

2. I'm interested as well! give us answers!! :))

3. #3 thedavesiknow, Jul 27, 2015
    I've had my mflb for 2 years. I've bought a few "better" pieces since then but I still break it out a few times a week.

Pros:
    Portable as can be

Heat on demand

Conserves bud like crazy

Stealthy enough that if you aren't a fool with it you won't get any unwanted attention

There's always new "mods" being made and put on YouTube to keep it fresh

Cons:
    A little bit of a learning curve to use it properly

The batteries it comes with are unreliable. Plan on buying a better kit, a power adapter, or carrying an extra battery on you

The screen is paper thin so cleaning it takes the hand of a surgeon and you'll still manage to dent it

Like I said, I have a few fancier vapes now but I still find scenarios where the mf comes in handy. Everyone should have one- just make sure it's an authorized retailer. There's a lot of fakes floating around.

People here seem to like the Flowermate. I've never used one and the only person I know who had one hated vaping and traded it for 1/8.

Skip the pen unless you plan on using concentrates. Otherwise it's a glorified one hitter.

I don't believe I've heard of the other one.

4. I would recommend that you borrow the $20-30 more and get an Arizer solo.

Believe me, who am I to tell you how to spend "over budget"?

Just someone who has learned the hard way that what's cheap usually costs more in the long run.

You can check out much more info on FC. They have threads for each vape.

5. #5 Markc05, Jul 27, 2015
  6. Thanks everyone, so far the Flowermate looks like the best one. (I like things that are aesthetically pleasing so I'm a little biased) I'll keep looking into it though.

7. My DaVinci is on it's way from Cali right now. I got the classic. When it comes in I'll let you know how it does. $95 with a cheapo grinder and expedited shipping.

8. #8 hitops, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    Flowermate v5.0 I would not recommend don't lock yourself into one temp setting. You may not like vaping at 385F & with that model it will be only temp you can use not to mention no glass mouthpiece. It also has a crappy air path. Now the Flowermate v5.0s is much different 3 temps 385F 400F 415F if I remember temps right many love 400F that's the purple medium setting. It also has a much cleaner improved silicone free airpath unlike the 5.0 version. On red setting or high 415F it will wreck you if you got decent properly ground with grinder properly cured marijuana in it most any vape will demand this. The MFLB is good also but like others have said you will want to shell out for a power adapter that's gonna get you near the price of the flowermate v5.0s. Both work very different & are very stealthy depending on what temp you surf to with mflb or set at on fm v5.0s. Out of the vapes you listed I would pick the MFLB now if you add the flowermate v5.0s to that list I would go with it. You may want to look around on the forums here to get some more input of both units both have a appreciation thread pros & cons. also check the links here to fuck combustion for both units.Flowermate v5.0s link> http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flowermate-vapor... MFLB link> http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-magic-flight...

9. Flowermate.

10. #10 ZootedKing, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
    Flowermate V5.0s the s has temp control

11. What sickmanfraud said. Go with a solo. I snagged mine for $130. I love it. I heard the MFLB is pretty good for the price, but I've always heard better things about the solo though. And you won't be disappointed with a solo, trust me.

12. My one and only complaint with the solo is the draw restriction. It produces nice clouds, the flavor is pretty good for the first couple hits, and it's super user friendly. If I lift the stem up slightly while drawing the restriction is much better though. All around the solo is one of the best portables to introduce people to vaporization imho. It was my first real vape, and I still use it today. It's almost three years old to boot.

13. The 2014-2015 model is supposed to have improved vapor flow. My buddy's solo is about 3 years or so old and my main complaint was the resistance. I have the 2015 and it hits smoother. Still not as nice as the EQ. Can't go wrong with the solo though.

14. Flowermate v5.0S.

15. So Op, have you made your decision yet?

16. #16 mostdope122, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    I'd go with the flower mate. Got mine for 85 with a free grinder off of puffitup.com but idk if they still do this

17. Why is the flower mate 5.0s cheaper than the 5.0 then? And on that wizardpuff.com the 5.0 is described with multiple temperature control and not just 3 settings. Now I'm confused [​IMG]

18. I have a Titan 1 and its pretty decent. cheaper than 100$.

19. #19 cafcaf, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    I have a MFLB right now and I am more than satisfied. If you have any questions about it just ask away. Although this is the only vape that I have owned, I have a lot of experience with other vapes that my roommates have had. One I can think of is the PAX. The PAX is definitely legit but so expensive and I feel that my MFLB gets the job done just as well. The MFLB releases little to no odor. You can get a lot of oil build up in the MFLB stem. This can be used in edibles or just shove a nug through the stem to collect it, and then just smoke that shit. Only negatives I can think of are that you need to be a little cautious while handling and cleaning it as it is a bit fragile. If you do get the mflb buy some extra batteries on amazon [​IMG]

My first post XD hope it was somewhat helpful, just sharing my experience. PEACE

EDIT: PS: I have read a lot on reddit about people sending in MFLB to manufacturer for free refurbishing. Even when it broke due to the owners negligence.

EDIT: check out this too: http://www.aroma-tek.com/Magic-Flight-Launch-Box_p... free 2 day shipping. Got mine here also.

20. anyone used a glass vapor genie?

i have one, it fucking tokes soooo fat and has super low chance of combustion (ive never done it) some rips are so thick that they actually almost look like smoke lol

mflb works good, it just uses batteries and has a small chamber, and doesnt toke nearly as fat

definitely have lots of good shit to say about glass vaporgenie ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446180641.840412.jpg