Wonders of Nature

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by I'm Ron Burgundy?, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Beautiful day in my neck of the woods, cheers to the fellow blades. Glad I'm off today :D
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1443643912.915317.jpg

2. Lake again cheers taken on iPhone 6
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444629733.306801.jpg

3. 18 more days of sitting here all day every day. Almost 8 months on this beach everyday and it's still an epic wonder of nature.
    I wish I had time to catalog and photograph all the complex beauty and life that goes on just in the dunes alone.

Attached Files:

4. Fall is setting in... Love this weather. Cheers fellow blades and nature lovers
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444767217.128793.jpg

5. One more set to pick up Cheah cheah!

Attached Files:

6. Few more flowers

Attached Files:

7. what is that?

-Yuri

8. As in what species?

9. Yuri, just looked it up for you.

It is Ipomoea imperati. Commonly called beach morning glory and is 1 of two morning glorys native to Florida.

The other being ipomoea pes-caprae. Commonly known as railroad vine.

10. that's really cool

-Yuri

11. I love those vines. Especially in late summer. I dont have pictures of any of my finds sadly, but theres all kinds of stuff around here. There are litte red morning glories, and some smaller purple/lavender ones that just invade everything, but looks so pretty early in the morning as the sun just starts coming up. I find beauty berries all the time. Tons of golden rod flourishing on the sides of roads adding a nice colorful palette to things. Lots of other very pretty and/or useful plants just growing around.

I need to get pics soon

12. Moth

Attached Files:

13. yea me too. I been in Hawaii two months but haven't had time to collect pictures.

I basically work sleep then work again.

-Yuri

14. These are coming into full bloom i guess

Attached Files:

15. The last two pics are fucking awesome