Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ceramic nail and dabbing question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by _cloudqueen, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Hey friends! So I've never had a ceramic nail before I always used titanium or something else for dabs. I just bought this one and am wondering a few things.

I attached a photo so you guys can see what I'm talking about!
    I've tried it out a few times and it's not really producing vapor. I was thinking maybe I'm not torching it long enough but I do it for like 2 mins and that seems like it should be enough. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a carb cap? I didn't think so but now am unsure...I just can't seem to get the dab to hit right, it just melts and I don't get a hit but I feel like I've been torching it for so long.

Thanks for the help guys happy smoking!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437882281.350597.jpg

2. Is it a small torch? I bought a ceramic nail and my shop refused to sell the small torch with it because it wouldnt get the nail hot enough alledgedly.

3. Get a Vector torch. Heat for 20-30 seconds. Always torch the surface, never the sides.

4. So you think the problem may be that I'm just not heating it enough? Thanks so much I've been using a pretty large butane tank torch- u from I can get the vector torch I guess I will just torch it for like 5 mins haha

5. Torched it way longer and it worked! 🏼️🏼🏼🏻🏻🏻🏻