Problems with smart pots?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by The Soilanator, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Is that normal to have that much sodium in tap water? and would a water filter like Brita help a bit? or should I make an effort to go with some R/O water?
    I usually let it sit for a day to let the chloramines evaporate a bit.

2. Yeah they are really helpful for scrog, I use these.
    [​IMG]

3. Just happens over time I'm thinking lil but at a time ya know. Brita I think would help never used em. They make filters that attach to the end of your hose that work good you can find them at your local grow shop or even Home Depot/lowes.

Hope that helps

4. Its more than likely from the dirt in the pot or nutes.

5. I was getting some wether I used my bottled nutes or my organic mix without bottled nutes.
    I wonder if there are some filtration (other than a full reverse osmosis system) than can lower the salt count... might try with a Brita first to see if there is any difference.
    Thanks guys

6. Any unused npk will leach out in a salt form. It doesn't matter if it is organic or not.

7. Ohh I see, thanks! :) I suppose that having a fabric sidewall that keeps getting soaked and dried will have a tendency to accumulate it.

This reassures me a bit! Haha I was always scared it could be mold or something harmful

8. i got fabrics w/ handles from Hydro Farm for about $4/ea for the 10 gallons and they're freaking wonderful!

9. Don't let it build to much it will block air flow first than get salt build up an lock out eventually. ...but it would have to be super bad. You should be fine bro

10. Yeah i wash them every cycle :)

11. I used ground clothe like material and made my own for a long time. It's basically the same material.