Grow journal 2.5

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LadyWhoSaysFuckALot, Jul 25, 2015.

1. depends on how many watts ur light will draw. they do give off heat, just not as much as a hps bulb. i can keep my grow to 2 degrees of ambient temps. so if my house is 75 degrees my grow area is 77. i do keep the growing area open during the day cycle to help with ventilation. i grow in a closet been tough to vent any other way lol

2. I might pick that one up too then

3. #23 ray83man, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    I use this brand as well, cept i run 2 of the 180watt models, tho not sure ull want to dim it, wont have to cut power to save on heat like u would a hid bulb. besides its power is cut already, the 3 watt bulbs only given 2 watts to save life of the light. plus the 3watt bulbs very efficient.

4. Would I benefit from getting this light for 2 plants? Or should mine be more than enough for 2 do you think? I want to get this 300w one bc of the price it is now but don't want to waste $$$ if it's not going to be that much of a difference

5. Is hard to say without usuing ur llight. your light should be fine for ur grow. but hard to say without actual experience with it

6. Alright, well I'll take this grow and document how well it works. Then, I'll recoup enough money to buy the new light and use that and document.

7. I have two led and an hps. The led are superb in vegging. I use hps and led for flowering and I haven't seen any real difference. They're big and frosty though.

8. hey savvy, after your hit of your grow, how long did you dry it and where? like closet, garage, etc.

9. I did mine a little bit different. I didn't get much and what I did get was pretty small so I hung them on with the stem for 2 days in a dark room that was 56% humidity and 70*. I did the stem test since the didn't feel very spongy and it almost snapped. I cut off stems and put them in a jar to redistribute moisture a bit. I checked them every 6 hours. After about 8 hours, they felt spongy but not wet and no sweating. So I put them on a screen to dry for another 24 hours. Then the looked and felt perfect. Put them in a jar and burp it every 12 hours. Every couple days I smoke a tiny bit to try. Of course, I'll have to do it differently since I expect a bigger outcome this time.

10. That makes me happy to hear. Then I will stick with this LED for flowering. I've been looking at HPS but didn't want to go that route. Don't know why, but they intimidate me

11. the only reason you should be intimidated by HPS is the heat. i went from cfl to 250w to 600w. heat was an issue but not anymore. my plants LOVED it when i put them under that 600 and HPS. they got bigger, faster than before. but your using LED and from what i heard doesnt have hardly any heat. i'd do LED. but i can confirm that HPS rules, so does MH. there was a reason i saw everyone saying 600w was the way to go if you couldnt do 1000w. they were right.

12. so you cut the stems and put them in the jar with the bud?

13. I cut the stems long to hang. Then the first time I took them down to redistribute moisture is when I manicured the stems

14. gotcha. where did you learn that?

15. I have a 600w also with air cooled hood.and a 790cfm fan(overkill). If you get the temps in your room down the tent will be ok I also have a fan blowing directly into the open end of my hood. An mh light with the leds really really are best combo for vegging. But mh makes more heat. Btw I've had my leds les than 12in from plants no problems.

16. can't access on my app. Says tapatalk is disabled or something. Anyone. Know?

17. #37 LadyWhoSaysFuckALot, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Day 4
    The plants hulked overnight. I'm really starting to think its the light. On its fourth day of germination it's already an inch high? Seems fast to me. Not much to report besides how fast they are growing.

Attached Files:

18. the right Led light will do wonders for any indoor grow and way cheaper in the long run

19. Sounds good so far keep us updated and swing by my grow sometime, it's my first.

20. #40 LadyWhoSaysFuckALot, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Day 5
    PH rose on me, was up to 7.2 so I added downer and it's at a steady 6.5. I may have mood on one of the plants, I'm not sure. It's white and hairy at the bottom most part of the plant. What should I do about that? The other plant doesn't have any. In fact oth plants now have a root all the way down to the water. One plant has a root about 6 inches into the water, the other just into it. Both look very healthy and happy. I Lowered the light because it looks like it's stretching a bit. Can't add pics because it won't let me. EDIT: now the fuckin thing lets me.

Attached Files: