Question about plant, newbie.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by har0xz, Jul 25, 2015.

1. I planted it in april, and once i noticed the lighting ineffective and the stems were so thin moved it over my dads, where during the heatwave he put it in the yard and it grew like a monster. its been there since growing nicely, stems nice and thicker. also it will hold it self up that white stick is there from when it was weak. notice its in the other pic too. it was windy when that pic was taken thats why the tip looks bent. so one more week and its bloom time. using a little fox farm big bloom and praying for a female. im thnking the weed will suck cause some leaves are still 5 point and 3 point never seen that before.

2. #42 killset, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    April, may, June and July is almost over. This plant was outside alone unattended for less then a month and is easily 2 times larger and more filled out. Never mind the white powder its an organic pesticide. Notice how thick and filled out it is. The stem is bigger around then both my thumbs at the base. Your plant should be huge in that amount of time. My concern about the thin stems isn't now, its once buds are developing. I know your convinced they're thick stems, but they're really not. They're holding up weight now but it may very well be a problem come flower. Once some weight starts forming its going to be a problem. As far as a bunch of odd leaves that could be stress. 3 leafs are common on stressed plants. I do a technique called monster cropping. It stresses a plant enough to form odd numbered leaves. I know you didn't monster crop but maybe stress would explain the 3 fan leaves. Possibly the lack of light you fixed. I've given my opinion as that's what public forums are for. If you're happy with the plant that's all that matters. All I'm saying is personally I would work on it a bit more before moving it to 12/12. But depending on where you live it may need to be done inside, depending on the growing season. Time us running out. Its not going to produce much and I feel the thin stems may be an issue. My opinion..... if you don't like it wait for someone else's that is closer to yours. You don't have to take anyone's particular advice

Attached Files:

3. i feel ya, and appreciate the advice thats why i came here. my dilemma is it is growing wild at the top mostly, leaves off leaves like crazy. i could wait another month see if the stems thickin up, then worst case just support each stem. then bud it. im not expecting the best, this is just my first time as long as the weed gets me high i dont care, even ifit produces an ounce at most. next grow will be 100% professional no changes in light and a more controlled enviroment. so we shall see. ill post updates

4. OK, these pics are taken today 7/30. plant looks awesome, and as i speak fox farm tigerbloom is in the mail to my house. once it arrives i will start flowering. 12 hours of direct light, 12 hours of full darkness in the closet. if anyone thinks im moving too fast let me know or if anyone has some tips please dont hesitate to comment. all feedback is good. this plant looks ready to bear its buds, and im praying its female. good feeling it is!

heres the pics :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all signs are bud baby bud :) how long should it take using the tiger bloom? month or 2? i wanna do this right so once budding is done ill be asking about curing. i know when done to cut the nodes off with all the buds, and hang them upside down in the closet. not sure how long, but i will find out. then im told after drying curing is needed, which ill need help on. thanks guys please tell me if u think the plant isnt ready i think its made a awesome recovery and will bud out great. the past week its done nothing but get bushy, hasnt grown in height at all.

5. no advice? any is appreciated...

6. It needs to be in a bigger pot and would suggest even burying the main stem deep so it's not so lanky. Any weight on that thing come flower and its toppling over. 5 gallon bucket it asap if you're still in veg.

7. already transferred to bigger pot, and stem is buried further in. also got a new light and bulb, and some tiger bloom. trying to figure out how much to use only gives amounts for hydro plants. says 3 teaspoon per gallon of water but i dont water that way. maybe ill add a lil bit every other day. then it says u can spray it onto the leaves. ill dilute some into a spray bottle and gently spray onto leaves. buying a timer tomorrow then ready to go. heres the light and the bulb.

[​IMG]

here is the bulb, should fit fine.
    [​IMG]

heres the nutrients ;)

[​IMG]

8. perfect lighting for flowering. puts out 250watts. bulb is big but looks like it will screw in. its at my dads hes checking tonight, but looks like a normal size.

cant wait to get flowering going, going toi do it in my bathroom. full time darknesss at night, 9 am, light till 9pm then dark.

let that go for a few days watering and adding small nutrients as well as folliating the leaves with nutrients, then about a week in hopefully notice some sprouts of little flowers. if i notice little seeds ill cry lol

9. here is all the stuff i got in the mail today. will have it set up tomorrow and take pics.

some are things i ordered the day before and just pics off the comp others are things that came. just need to run a extension coird to bathroom where its pitch black. going to run my timer from 9pm to 9am in dark, 9am to 9pm in light.

water every 2 days, little nutes each time. spray some nutes on the leaves. after a week or 2 should see some flowering and pray to god its not MALE. NO MALE! any thoughts on the bulb should work fine for flowering one plant right? and the clamp light should work great. the nutes i know work for a fact. also its ina 5 gallon pot now, so i can grow another foot and be fine, so its flowering time! time for the moment of truth. male or female. 50/50 chance i hope female. if female im sure it will be some dank ass bud

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. O yeah, heres the light without the shade around it. awesome power :)

[​IMG]

11. here is today new pics since last week. going into budding tomorrow had to buy a timer, got wrong one. check it out thing grew beautifully

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks wonderful, burying stem more new pot is 4 gallons and ready with new soil, and tiger bloom is mixed perfectly for foliating the leaves and ill be adding half a tea spoon every 2 days.

then wait 3 days, and same thing half tea spoon.

then monitor see if its too much, try and keep the PH normal. these nutes are full of phosphorus and less nitrogren great for huge buds. thanks guys and any commends id appreciate it. just look back and see the progress i made, its incredible. im ordeering some blueberry og seeds and some jack herrer. next grow is 8 plants 4 of each of feminzed seeds. so no worrying if i have a female or not. also i am gonna order 3 more bulbs and lights, since these are the perfect grow bulbs. also going to outline the grow area with a mylar blanket cut up so reflect heat onto the plants. doing the grow in my other shower, so perfect spot.

lets pray this is a female ill post pic tomorrow of the grow area, i have another bulb on its way so for now one bulb for the plant which i hear is enough. everyone pray with me

12. Bro.....transplant it to a much larger pot. And let it vegitate longer after you up the pot size.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

13. how did the exlax in the picture work for you? Everything come out OK?