LED trouble and general questions

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MidasOG, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Hi all, new to the LED growing. Well growing in general but this thread is mostly about LEDs.

I recently purchased a Galaxy Hydro 300w (not full spectrum) LED. It came in today and one of the bulbs is out or barely putting out light. Ive read that having one or two bulbs out, doesnt affect the grow. I switched over to LED from a 400w MH (HPS for flowering) on an E-Ballast. I was having heat problems, so switching to a more energy efficient bulb seems like the best solution.

So aside from having one of the bulbs out, everything is hung up and working. Last question, how far should i keep my LED from the plants?

*the fans at the bottom were the only heat regulators i had. also had more plants but i had to donate some to a relative that got 2 males.

Attached Files:

2. I have the same light man. I'm waiting for someone to respond too. I'm about 10 inches away. I can't get a read on where my light should be either.

3. Did some research on other sites and came up with this at least. Basically he wrote reviews for what worked best when he used those lights. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437799571.356871.jpg

I hope it helps a little. I'm still waiting for someone who can share their knowledge a little more in depth.

4. If it's a new panel, usually chips power a cluster of lights. Make sure that's not an IR bulb. We can't see IR light, but plants absorb it. I've seen a few things on here about it..

5. I have same brand just lower wattage.i run 2 of the 180 watt ufo discs. the bulb isnt out is an ir bulb whish isnt viseble by human eyes. mine is the same. By the way quit looking directly at ur light is bad for ur eyes lol the uv leds will burn ur retina lol. As for grow distance, flower u can get away with 20 inchs away from the grow. clones and seedlings go at least 3-4 feet away. for mid-final veg i did 20 with some minor effects so id say 2-3 feet for a more mature plant.

6. #6 LEDgrowman, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    U should be using hps, The LED your using is not good for flower. Maybe veg,but def not flower runs. Those units should be put 16in away. 120watt optic vero29 3500K,try one!

7. How is that Galaxy hydro treating you so far? I was thinking about buying the 600watt version but I'm unsure about it because most LED is way more expensive and from what I've been told is you get what you pay for..