12 Plants… 6 Strains… 2,000 watts… 1 Harvest

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BBD32, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Sounds good. And your right, Id hate to supply them with low quality meds. Lol looks like I'm going to have a shit ton of small buds and trim for edibles.

I'm thinking my best approach will be to make everything into bubble hash, then decide what to make with it. I will be able to make most edibles and tinctures with hash right? Or is there something else I should look into?

2. Myself, I really liked making the oil for cooking. Was easy to do, that's coming from someone who is not good in a kitchen. I made some killer brownies, first time edibles had any effect on me. Nice thing about oil is you can use coconut oil, canola oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, etc.

3. I'm going to have to look into that, cause my patients have mentioned wanting to try oils and butter.

Well I got my loupe in finally, 30x and 60x. I looked at the northern lights which say 8 weeks flowering which I'm pretty much at now and there are no Amber trichomes. A lot of them are cloudy but not all. Probably 75% cloudy. Was I right to start flushing them now? Today was the first watering without nutes since flowering started.

4. any thoughts on whether or not I should start feeding again or continue flushing?

Also, I did end up using the back building technique. I'll compare those buds to the ones that were not cut to see if it made a difference for me.

5. Very inexperienced grower so I don't have any advice, sorry. I did, however, pop in just to say this is a wonderful looking grow and kudos to you for growing for medical patients! I must ask, though, being so involved in cannabis cultivation and not smoking yourself, do you simply not enjoy the feeling of being high/stoned?

At any rate, I'm subscribing to this thread so I can keep up with your great journal!

6. Thank you... And welcome. Honestly, it seemed to be hit or miss with me when I used to smoke. Most the time I would be perfectly fine, relaxed and enjoy the high. However once in awhile for no reason what so ever I would get extremely paranoid.

As for why I'm not going to try any of my own grow, it's a combination of not wanting to risk it with drug tests at work and a deal I made with my wife.

She lets me spend what I want whenever I need it, as long as I'm not smoking and spending ALL my time in the grow room.

7. Took a couple quick pics tonight. Tried to get a solo cup next to one of the colas for size reference. Lol had to use a pole since I can't reach the plants in the middle row.

Attached Files:

8. I think you are ok with the flush. Just keep giving them water only until chop, even if that a few days longer than expected. I can't see any yellowing out of the fans in the pics, could be the light. If they need any nutes this last few weeks let them pull it from the leaves and what might remain in the soil.

9. thanks dugville. And no there isn't any yellowing leaves yet. I will continue the flush as planned. With the soil being a start to finish organic soil, I'm not sure if I will end up with a whole lot of yellow leaves.

Hopefully I can start chopping plants within a few weeks. My patients have been very patient this far but it's been a long wait.

10. Well, I took a small clipping from the cola in the pic next to the solo cup. Not what I was hoping for. Took it outside to get a better look and found nearly 50% Amber trichomes. Then I took some clipping from lower on the plant and it was right around 10%.

They haven't even hit 8 weeks yet, so I'm thinking this may have been caused from being too close to the light. A small dime size chunk got fried on this particular cola.

I asked about this in the beginners forum as well as talked to some people I know and have received completely different answers. Some say chop the whole thing now, some say chop the colas and let the rest finish, the growers I personally know said to chop it according to the entire plant, meaning let the whole plant grow until the bottom finishes or the top starts to become over ripe.

At this point, I think I'm going to let it grow another week and reevaluate.

11. Well at this point it may not matter anymore. A couple trees came down on my garage, the big one is right on top of my grow room. Not sure on how much damage. But it looks pretty bad.

12. 50% Amber? Chop those girls, especially if the rest of the plane's are looking like that. Once they amber you start losing potency with THC. I chop at either no amber or when I see 1-5% ambered tops. Did it mess anything up on the inside of the room?
    Sorry to hear about the trees man. We got that storm pretty gnarly down here last night after you guys did. Did you see that photo and video of Kalkaska? Storm front was crazy.

13. Chop chop chop. Like Steve said, do it now.

Man, sucks about the storm and garage. Hope it wasn't as bad as you thought.

14. as soon as I can get in there I'll chop them all down. Don't really have much of a choice since I'll be without power and water for at least a few days. I just hope my patients aren't too disappointed.

Attached Files:

15. Oh sorry man, that really sucks.

16. thanks... Lol, yeah I really could have done without this hassle but it is what it is I guess

17. finally made it in to assess the damage to the plants. Nothing landed on them except for buckets of water so I set them all outside to dry. 6 had to be cut down and I'm going to attempt to relocate the other 6 as they were far from done.

Pics will be posted of how bad my plants looked later

18. oh and another tree ended up falling today sometime after I took the first pictures. Of course, that one also hit my garage

19. Just read through your journal BBD, sickened for you. At least you have a great attitude cuz there's really nothing you can do now but keep moving ahead. Anyway, wished I would have found your journal sooner. Best of luck with fixing everything and I'll be tuned in checking it out. Great job so far btw.

20. So sorry to hear of your situation man. I subbed up a few weeks ago cause I liked your thread. I've been looking into the complications of the first grow might have because I am starting my first grow myself. So far of all of the stuff I have researched I haven't seen anything about trees falling onto your grow room... maybe you should consider putting up a sticky on this issue.....
    Hang in there, chin up, I'm right behind you, you got this.
    Best wishes from zone5a.