12 Plants… 6 Strains… 2,000 watts… 1 Harvest

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BBD32, Jul 23, 2015.

1. #1 BBD32, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
    <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Strains:</span> 4- Pineapple chunk, 2- LSD (Lemon Sour Diesel), 2- Super Lemon Haze, 2- Northern Lights x Big Bud, 1- Blue Cheese, 1- Super Silver Haze.
    Femanized seeds were started 142 days ago.

Switched to 12/12 45 days ago.
    Plants are in 10 Gal pots with M3 (Michigan Made Mix) soil
    2- Lumatek 1,000w ballasts, 2 1,000w EYE HPS Bulbs, 2 XXXL hoods.
    Temps have been fluctuating a bit lately with the heat wave here in Michigan, 70-85 degrees.

Humidity is 45%-55%
    Trellis net was installed very late mainly to support plants

This is my first grow and I have made many mistakes along with way. Most of which were corrected because of help from other forum members. Just switched from 420 so I am starting this journal close to the end of my grow. I have been switching between 1,000w and 600w based on the temps in my grow room. I have a 14,000btu portable air conditioner installed but it can't keep up. My flower room is 10x15x10. Plants were vegged under 2,000w MH. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to post.

At a little over 6 weeks in flower I am afraid my buds are still pretty small for the age. Seems like a ton of popcorn buds except for a few nice colas. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Hey BBD, welcome to GC. The Blades over here are a nice group of people and I think you will find this a better place than that other one. Maybe not as much action on the threads over here but you will find people who like to grow and people who are willing to help out everyone.

The garden looks good, yea maybe a little small for 6 weeks in flower but the last few weeks is when they start packing on the weight. One thing you did not mention is your nutes. Depending on what you are using maybe a bloom booster will help pack on some weight at this late stage.

Anyway man. Good to see another person who has seen the light and moved on from that hell hole.

Subbed up[​IMG]

3. Welcome, and thanks for the input. As a new grower I have no idea what anything should look like. Basically just comparing my pictures with others I find online.

Thanks for the reminder. The M3 soil is supposed to be a start to finish, no nutrients needed soil. I did however use some calmag during veg and I'm now using general hydroponics nova bloom at full strength every watering and just a touch over full strength once a week.

4. quick update for anyone that followed my journal on the other site, the flying squirrels are now gone. Sadly one drowned and the other just disappeared.

5. mmmk,

Potash, or molasses will pack weight on i guess.
    Im too new to big grows to be sure, Id just say lacking nutes if anything I guess.

If the temps have been up to 85, for how long? I noticed when my temps got that hot one grow, the roots and soil got too warm and the whole plant pretty much just stunts to try save its self... so yeah, temps down around 75 seems to be sweet spot.

6. Looking great BBD. Try to keep those temps like 81 max, I noticed on my first grow with large plants like this that when you start to get over 83 the plants really fight back.

Harvest time is going to be busy for you though bro!

7. #7 BBD32, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
    I'll have to look into the molasses, I've seen people using it I just didn't realize why until now. The temps were 70-80 the entire grow up until a week or so ago. My ac unit went out one night and when I noticed it my temp was up to 105. I got it back down quickly but since then my ac for some reason can't keep up. I'm assuming its due to the outside temperature staying pretty high.

Lol… I was just looking at the lights out pics I added and am starting to realize how much work this is going to be. Unfortunately with the buds not growing as I thought, I'm now thinking I'll get anywhere from 1-2.5oz/plant. I guess the one good thing for me is that they will not all be chopped at the same time. 3 of the plants seem to be much closer to harvest than the rest, I'll have a better idea of how much longer they have as soon as my loupe comes in.

Also, not sure if I asked you already but do you use green lights for working in the grow room during lights out? Or just make sure you get everything done while the lights are on? I ask because I ordered some lights and got to thinking, I'm not sure if they are even the right shade/spectrum (whatever it is called).

8. I do all of my work while the lights are on, just works better for me. As for a green light, I don't know if they are all one in the same, my first guess would be no.

Being your first grow, if you can get enough bud to last until next harvest that is what matters, big yield will come with time.

9. Actually, I don't smoke. I am a caregiver, so I don't really know how much it's going to take to keep my patients supplied with meds.

10. I think you'll surprise yourself with the yield. Just purely based on how long you vegged them I would guess maybe 3 oz+ if you really messed up, hopefully more. Some people told me a pound a plant (which I didn't want to get my hopes up believing), I thought I was being very conservative when I cropped and on a few of my plants I ended up with 8-10 ounces when I thought it would be around 3 a piece. My biggest ended up being 14.5 ounces, my worst being 3.5 ounces but in the end I averaged 6-8 ounces a plant of good bud, not including the potential 1.5-2 pounds of super hairy and best smelly airy bud that was garbage and blown into wax. My gram per watt was still pretty terrible since I didn't utilize my light the way I thought I was but I came out OK, you'll do the same. Your next grow you'll probably do everything differently, don't sweat it right now and take what you learned and develop a better plan for yourself with new knowledge of how plants react and how your room conditions stay. [​IMG]

As far as a light during lights out, I have a green LED headlamp that I use when I go into my room. Plants do absorb and use a small amount of the green spectrum so regardless of that I wouldn't go in my room with it for a extended period of time just to play it safe. I just make my lights come on when it's convenient for me and also at a time that ambient temp in the house is lower, 8:30 PM ON, 830 AM OFF.

11. My next grow will definitely be different than this one. For starters I will not pop new seeds until I have everything setup, trying to maintain my plants while making major changes to the grow room did not go as planned. I wish I could see some pictures of freshly cut buds that when dried are close to an ounce just so I can have a decent reference. I will probably sift through a bunch of journals tonight to see if I can find something like that.

12. I really wouldn't bother going through the headache trying to compare, you could see a very dense set of bud that is an ounce and then some fluffier stuff that is twice it's amount for the same weight. Just wait to see what yours does and compare it based on your own product and skill. It should be decent. I wouldn't necessarily limit yourself to no seed/plant work while you're altering your room. You were just dealing with larger plants which is much more work than dealing with a few seedlings or cuttings.

13. hmm, never considered the density. Well I guess I will find out in a few weeks. As soon as I get my 3rd light setup, better exhaust and intake setup, and a new ac unit in, I will start my perpetual grow. It's something I could get done in a day. Just need to get everything and have some free time.

14. Got any lights on photos?

15. couple old ones, but I'll take a few today before work. Should have them up tonight.

16. A few more pics. Going to start flushing 3 of them in a couple days.

Attached Files:

17. Does it look like seeds forming on some of the buds? I've been checking daily for signs of hermies and haven't found any, but in a couple of the pics it looks like seeds to me.

18. In the third picture, that cola may look like there may be a few pouches of seeds there but I've mistakenly popped those open (intentionally) to see and some did not have seeds while a few did. You should give back building a shot, it's a little late but it still may help them get a bit more dense.

Do you anticipate painting walls white at all?

Everyone looks good though BBD.

19. I completely forgot about back building. Thanks for the reminder. I'll snip a bunch tomorrow and compare them at the end. As for the walls, I actually have a 100ft roll of panda film I need to get put up for the next grow.

If there are seeds in the buds should I use those buds for edibles or are they still OK to give to patients?

20. Looks good BBD, real frosty.

If the buds are have more than a few seeds, since you don't smoke, I would use them for edibles. You want to give your patients the best quality you can, it's good for them and for you.