Whats your purpose in life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 3nterprise, Jul 23, 2015.

1. I've always wanted to know my purpose in life.

I'm pretty good at music but then again is creating music even a purpose?

Can't it be possible I'm just good at the particular skill?

How and when did you find out your purpose in life IM CURIOUS TO KNOW!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Apparently to delete duplicate threads (until the up coming server upgrade)...
    I realized early on that we started dying as soon as we are born.
    It's up to us to decide to live life. Anything can be overcome.
    Let thoughts excite you and pull your explorations in diverse directions, seek knowledge.
    Don't let worries overwhelm you, 90% of what we worry about never happens.
    The other 10% wasn't changed by worrying.
    Look at your options and follow through If it keeps you up at night, write it down...
    Review your list, need any changes? No? Go to sleep.
    Just from a simple man. :smoke:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 Lenny., Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    to smoke a lot of weed and not give a fuck

i learned maybe when i was 20 or so that there's a lot of bullshit and i have no time for it

how i learned thsi out: by observing the world around me and listening to george cariln

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. fornicate with harlots and acquire currency

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I have no idea what my purpose in life is and I like it that way, I don't get any expectations :p

6. I never really gave purpose in life much thought until we had our 2 sons....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spoken like a true witcher!

8. There is no purpose. All you need to do in this life is enjoy it while it lasts. Or survive until technology finally defeats death.

In the meantime, the best you can do is try to make the world a better place. Just because there is no rhyme or reason doesn't mean we have to suffer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Life is to experience, it is the one thing we must always be doing. Even if you shut off all of your senses you are experiencing nothing. So the purpose of life is to experience new-to-us things and events. Then help others experience them, if music is your route for this then that is for you to decide

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think, to some degree, the meaning and direction of our lives is an ever-changing amalgam of ideas and values rather than a specific set of quantifiable goals.

As far as big picture I would say my purpose is to spread as much love, truth, knowledge and virtue as humanly possible. On a personal level, well, like I said -- it changes a lot. I know for sure that I'm here to be a positive influence to my family, who have all sorts of mental health issues and addictions and toxic, dramatic relationships. To be a beacon of light for the younger generation of my family in the negativity and chaos of their home environments.

But, if you asked me this same question 3 years from now you'd probably get a different answer, eh?

11. To Live! Get out there go face your fears and get out of your comfort zone, Do what your heart truly desires without worldly ideologys getting your in way :D

Most people just exist and follow each other like sheep, Only a few are actually living.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Your purpose it pursue whatever ends you feel would satisfy your life. By this I mean that once you figure out what it is that you want from life, i.e. a family, wealth, experiences etc., your purpose becomes pursuing that until you have realized it. Everything along the way is just an added benefit of being able to learn new things and people that help give you the ability to analyze if what you are chasing is really what you want. Since we live in an existential society, only you can give your own life meaning, nobody else can do that for you.

13. #13 Buzz God, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    The purpose of my life and of everyone else's life is to survive

14. Yes! You can bring joy to others with your music. Especially if you become a pro.

My purpose in life is to get high as F and then post all day on GC. I discovered this about 3 years ago.

15. my purpose is to work hard, pay taxes, dont commit crimes, be a good boy and die on time

has to be true. the gov told me so

16. We are here to breed and then die,so try and enjoy the journey as much as you can,as we all never know when our time will end

17. See how much chaos I can seed in my and others lives. Shits boring without a villain. Lol

18. Raising the kids to be better human beings than I am.

19. People need to stop thinking about THE purpose. It is a mental math game that has no basis in reality unless one is a firm believer of a predestined fate. An inferior belief in my opinion, as to truly believe that means to accept being a pawn in an already preset game. A game that the pawn has no chance of ever altering. I digress...

There is no one purpose. There are trillions of them. Some are glorious accomplishments, others are getting out of bed on a rainy cold Monday morning to go work. What people are really asking is "how am I special?". No one is wondering what their purpose may be while thinking it may secretly be "to vacuum this living room 520 times". It's usually assuming something more grand. Something that elevates the individual, hence the phrase "higher purpose".

It seems quite apparent that life is a blank canvas that you and nature shape and fill the way that you and it see fit. You do what makes you happy to the best of your abilities and nature aids and obstructs you along the way, eventually turning the lights off.

People generally shy from nihilistic thought because they see a dark void instead of a blank white slate with them as the artist.

• Like Like x 2