Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What causes a joint to.run

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by espichronic, Jul 23, 2015.

1. I know that this is the seasoned tokers section, but in all my years of smoking weed I've never really understood this. Even though I roll my own, my joints typically do run. Is it the result of bad rolling? Bad weed? And when it does run, is this a really bad thing?

I always like to wet the end a little bit before I light it up. But sometimes I realize it when I don't waiting it, it burns quicker. I'm just wondering, what, in your opinion, causes a joint to run?

2. sorry about the title misspellings. Im pretty stoned. LOL.

3. If a joint runs, (I had to look up what that means), you're not compacting it right. A joint can look perfect, if it's not hard when you squeeze it, it's not going to burn right. It's a given, but it's the only advice I can think of, so don't take me as patronizing or something [​IMG] Tap the joint to eliminate air spacing, after that use something (a key, a shoe lace tip, clipper lighters have something designed for this purpose) to push the weed in, the more the better, but don't get it too tight, get as tight as feels natural, and then pinch the excess paper just by the weed and swing it around as you would a packet of sugar, and you should be good to go. Also, if you smoke the joint like you smoke a cigarette, it won't burn right. You have to take slow long puffs so it burns right, otherwise it will only burn on one side or somethin [​IMG]

4. Incidentally, there are many ways that a joint can run.
    First, check your nug fill. A joint smokes best if you are using ground bud. Sometimes, if you are picking apart bud and roll joint with hand-torn nug, it will leave lots of air filled spaces in the joint, causing runs/uneven burning.

secondly, try rolling your joint a bit tighter, so as to minimize the amount of empty space inside the roll. (Don't roll too tight)

To fix a run, lick your finger, then touch it to the run on the joint. this will wet the paper/run, so as to slow its burning.

I personally like it when someone repairs a joint/blunt, instead of leaving the run for someone else to deal with.

Good luck on your next session!

5. #5 grasscoty, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    A joint runs because the cops are chasing it. Sorry, had to say it.....

I personally think a joint runs because of shitty weed that was rolled loosely.

6. We need more people who think like this on the forum