Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best cannaoil Ive ever made

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by daisybaby, Jul 22, 2015.

1. So I've been playing around with making canna oil for a few years now. I started out with some mediocre trim and cheap butter not knowing what in the world I was doing to making oil so strong that 1/4 tsp will knock pretty much anybody on their rear end.
    Try my method... I promise you will not be disappointed.
    You will need:
    Coconut oil
    Don't get the cheap stuff. Go to your local health food store and get a SOLID (not liquid) coconut oil with at least 60% MCTs. This helps deliver there cannabinoids to your body more efficiently.
    Lecithin granules
    I got a decent size can of sunflower lecithin from my local health food for $14. If you get soy lecithin make sure it is GMO free. You are making medicine, after all.
    Herb
    Now here is where things get interesting. If you want your oil to not taste terrible you want to keif it. Especially if using trim vs bud. The easiest, cheapest way of doing this.... Go on YouTube and look up dry ice hash. It's one of the most amazing things you will ever see. And you just might opt to skip making edibles and just smoke what you get from that. Pretty amazing stuff.
    Keep in mind that your edibles will have a high similar to that of the herb you are using. Mediocre herb will always result in mediocre edibles.
    Personally I start by dissolving the lecithin into the oil. I'm not sure that this makes a difference... It's just a personal preference. You can use anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon of lecithin per cup of oil.
    Next I put my herb/trim/keif in a decent size pot with water in it and dump in my oil. When using trim I use approx 12 oz of good frosty trim to 2- 24oz jars of coconut oil. When using keif I use the keif made from that much trim or more.
    Next.... Let her rip. Simmer on a med-low heat for 16 hours. I know it sounds excessive. But nothing has worked for me like this does. I like there to be as much water boiled out as possible. Let it cool enough that you won't boil your skin off. (Haha). Run it all through through cheesecloth. Or something more fine when using keif. Make sure you are transferring it into something clean that is small enough to fit in your fridge. Let it sit.... Probably overnight. You will have a nice, big block of oil on top. Voila!
    PS.... Be careful when consuming edibles! Or when sharing. The high from edibles can get really intense and even uncomfortable... And it can last for a full 24 hours or longer. It's not funny to over medicate somebody. Please share responsibly.

2. Why use water at all? Is there a medical benefit?

3. I'd imagine it's to keep the oil from getting too hot and burning or becoming to much of a direct heat to the oil. Just my guess cheers!

4. Wouldn't the water and oil partially emulsify due to the presence of lecithin?

5. From my understanding oil and water will separate when cooled, not sure though on that one, good question. :p cheers

6. there isn't necessarily any medical benefit to using water. This is just what has had the best results in my experience. The lecithin does not cause the water to emulsify with the oil. If you are interested in an emulsifier to make beverages there is one from national starch (ingredion) called q-naturale. It is made from the bark of trees that are grown using sustainable agricultural practices, it is organic, GMO free and kosher certified. Used it to mix up some infused blueberry pomegranate juice. It was pretty amazing.