United States presidential election 2016 This Bernie Sanders fella

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Probably. I don't think it should mean one should stop trying but maybe I'm a naive idealist.

2. Bernie is a big part of the problem. Giving people hope that they can actually change the system and make government work for them. News flash, the whole point of government is to fuck the people while pampering the ruling class. They are not your friends, they are your enemies with a lot of good lies.

3. TV coverage?

4. I doubt Bernie would ever be president, but what I see to be his biggest plus is that he's showing how many people want a complete change in the way things are being run.

Being owned like they are, the MSM will never give him the coverage he deserves.

I wonder if it won't eventually become like marijuana acceptance...there just won't be any denying that things have to radically change for the health of this country and the world.

Or something like that.......

5. I disagree a little. Both definitely don't get enough screen time but I think Sanders is being taken a lot more seriously than Paul by the media even if many still disregard him. Especially because the media has a fixation on a close competition so they were making a bigger deal out of Bernie catching up on Hillary in NH polls. I watch a good amount of mainstream news, not really sure why, but recently Bernie's been getting a lot more press so I would say it's not fair to compare him fully to Ron Pail. I think there are a lot of similarities between their campaign but also some differences like an easier field to break into than Ron Paul.

6. Because his crowds are pretty unprecedented. Paul never had 28,000-people crowds that I can recall, and Paul also ran as a Republican.

7. #407 HongKongPhooey, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
    I just like how he seems like a legitimate person. Not a big ol' facade.

I don't necessarily agree with a lot of what he says, but dammit its better than Bush, Clinton or Trump.

8. I got owned

-Yuri

9. I love how he's shitting on the media as well. Nothing makes me happier then when politicians call out the media for asking dumbass questions. Especially when they try to prompt him into attacking someone else like Hillary and he refuses to do that and tries to steer the conversation back towards his own ideas.

10. I can't even watch the MSM coverage. It's sickening. Oh my god, trump called Rosie a fat pig! He's not PC, he filed bankruptcy! Who gives a flying fuck! ?! Tell me what he's gonna do about this heinous foreign policy. Tell me how he's gonna end the war on drugs. Tell me how he's gonna end the welfare state, police state, corporatism and lobbying in government. Tell me some shit that really matters but noooooooooooo he called someone a mean name on twitter. That all that matters on the evening "news"

11. Love him or hate him, you can't call him fake. The guy has stuck to his guns from day 1.

12. "Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz's own party leaders have accused her of being “undemocratic” and rigging the presidential primary debate schedule to help Hillary Rodham Clinton, but she is standing firm on her decision to strictly limit the number of presidential debates.

The rift between Mrs. Wasserman Schultz and the state party leaders who make up the committee, as well as with Democratic presidential candidates, made for an uncomfortable DNC summer meeting at the weekend"

She sucks balls.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/30/de...

13. This woman is a definition of a dumb cunt. She was preparing to claim that Obama was being sexist and anti Semitic if she was fired when Obama was considering replacing her for being incompetent.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/democrats-debbie-wasserman-schultz-111077_Page2.html

14. I saw the video finally of O'Malley owning her at the summer meeting. She looked PISSED. Fire her ass.

15. If elected, he says he will be the first “referendum president,” promising to serve only as long as it takes to pass his Citizens Equality Act of 2017 -- a bill aimed at reforming campaign finance, voting rights, and Congressional representation. Once the bill is passed, Lessig said he would then step down, handing over the reins to his vice president.

Sounds interesting. The question is, who the would his VP be because that's a big deal.

(GODDAMMIT GC FIX YOUR FUCKING TEXT BOX. I'll give you a hint; it's a giant piece of shit.)

<cite class="ipb" contenteditable="false">SlightlyStonedSD, on 06 Sept 2015 - 3:27 PM, said:</cite>

16. If you want anyone who's going to at least try and overturn citizens United who has a snowballs chance in hell at winning then Bernie's the guy. Getting money out of politics is one of the main staples in his policy. He said his main goal in choosing a justice for the SC would be to overturn citizens United and would work to amend it if not. Of course it's not likely we could even pass campaign finance reform with Bernie in office but he's definitely the best shot we have since he's becoming more known, although he's still extremely unlikely to win.

17. Fixed that for ya ;)

18. Bernie is within 8 points of Hildawg, destroyer of hope and human progress (though not nearly as much as anyone from the clown car clusterfuck that is the Republican primaries this election) nationally in a poll released by Reuters today, 39-31.

99% chance it's an outlier (since other polls today had a gap of 20 points), but still, it feels fucking awesome. And we're still a month from the 1st Democrat debate, and Bernie is gonna fucking <strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>SLAY</em></strong> in the debate.

Feel the motherfucking BERN!