Is this enough to grow for now?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Staychiefy420, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Bought some Northern Light female AutoFlowering seeds from nirvana, germinated, and then just planted today. Im wondering what a plant needs to survive and produce bud. Was originally going to grow outside but saw the area I can plant outside is infested with fungus gnats or soil mites. So I don't have all the equipment set up or a lot of money because I didn't plan ahead seeing as I was gonna plant outside. So right now I have 3 plants (not yet sprouted) sitting on a plate in my closet with tin foil covering most of the area and two lamps pointed at the plants with 15 watt cfl bulbs in each, so I only have 30 watts on the plants, I know its a really shitty setup but im wondering if it will be ok for a couple weeks until I can buy everything I need. Will try to post pics of the set up later if i can work out how lmao. Also can anyone tell me if 3 Northern Light plants will stink up the whole house or just the room and how to control smells. Thanks[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Im only using a single 13 watt cfl for 1 seedling til i plant it outside and my seedling seems to be doing pretty good... But this is my first time growing so idk ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437563974.497710.jpg

3. When did you start putting light on it or did u have light on it as soon as u planted?

4. #4 Staychiefy420, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
    This is my set up

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437567240.551672.jpg

5. I put it in the sun on my windowsill then once it sprouted under the kight

6. that doesn't look like a CFL. Are you sure that is is?

You could do with more bulbs and use the largest wattage you can, I wouldn't use a bulb that is less than 20watts.

The plants only really start to stink properly when they are a few weeks in to flowering, but there can be a mild smell given off while they are vegging. A two week old seedling isn't going to produce any significant smell though

The set up looks ok if they are only spending a week or two there. Be careful of the temperature and keep the bulb close

7. They have CFLs inside I'm pretty sure. It was the best I can find at the house until I can actually go out shopping :/

8. How many watts you going get?. An ideal indoor setup for those 3 plants would be about 200-300 watts over them. They can produce quite a bit. If your just getting a couple CFLs it may be a better idea to put them outside and buy something to combat bugs. Autos do much better indoors where you can give them 20 hours of light a day. Dont worry about the smell unless your getting enough watts to grow them big.
    good luck with it all.

I have grown this exact strain/breeder twice and they are a great plant. Here is a journal link http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/13...

9. Thanks to everyone that replied and thanks to @Ryan0o for being clear bout the watts ill need to get [​IMG]

10. My set up now

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437733994.224834.jpg