Aliens

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by cmetzger, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Extra-terrestrial life may exists, however we have not found it yet.
    Project Kepler in fact just announced that they found a new planet in the so-called "habitable-zone" which is a mathematical model for planets which could have liquid water on them (among other parameters). These are the most likely candidates to have life on it (i.e. life as we know it)

2. This has always boggled my mind. I get the feeling the majority of humanity doesn't really >get< the scales of even just the known nature.

It is far more fantastical to believe there are no aliens than to believe there are. Considering just the known real estate nature has to work with, and the sheer diversity of life on this one tiny planet, thinking there is no life outside our planet seems like a mental handicap to me.

3. I totally agree, like if we just think about how far animals will go to adapt to their surroundings, how could another life form that we may never have experienced not do the same on a planet that is just inhabitable to us!

4. There is probably "life" in this solar system. We might just be unable to recognize it because we don't know what to look for.

5. We are already speculating that there is life on Jupiter's moon Europa for example.

I firmly believe there isn't just life out there, but that there could be an absolutely vast abundance of it. Anything from bacteria, to beings so advanced, the average human would consider them gods.

The whole alien conversation gets polluted and misinterpreted by people because random rednecks here or there claim to have been abducted and anally probed. This adds a madman/joker twist to the topic and unfortunately leads to a lot of people completely discounting the real logistics of alien life based on just how large the playground is for it to exist in. If 99.9% of known space were completely devoid of life, the remaining 0.1% would still be enough to give us billions, if not trillions of life forms. Perhaps more.

Whether or not we will meet any of them is a whole different conversation. Again, just the known space is so vast that entire eco systems, such as our own could be created, rise to evolve, develop thousands of species on them, and then die out for various cosmic reasons, such as meteor strikes and stars going nova. The rest of the universe would have never even heard from them.

6. #26 Deleted member 813926, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    It would be stupid to say that we are the only life on any planet. I just don't think that they have been to Earth yet
    hopefully someday we will get to see them.

7. I don't know they definitely could have been to earth and we just may have been unlucky to not see full out proof but at the same time I have no idea if I believe they've been to earth or not. If we do find a greater being intelligence wise it may be disastrous what we as an earth system do to protect ourselves. Hopefully there won't be any "specists" out there! Haha

8. The universe is always expanding, I believe there are multiple universes out there and ours is not the only one at all. That sheer amount of planets existing, the probability for their not to be life is just so low.
    the reason no proven aliens have visited earth is maybe because it's like ETs travelling around a 1,000,000 mile beach and choosing one grain of sand (earth) to land on.

9. #29 Deleted member 42976, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    There's a documentary on Netflix that shows how the Easter Island statues were moved.

And of course I believe there has to be other forms of life somewhere out there if the universe is really as big as they say it is. Do I believe UFOs are aliens? Not really, maybe when I was younger but at some point I realized most of them are just secret aircrafts the government is working on.

10. When it comes to the whole "Have they visited us or not" discussion, I think people are very limited in their perception of what advanced alien technology could do.

We are a species that is nowhere near being able to travel outside of our own solar system, and yet a skilled hacker on Earth can already hack into countless systems of surveillance. From webcams, to street cameras, all is fair game.
    If we then presume that there are species out there capable of interstellar travel, meaning they are vastly superior than we are technologically, then they may have this entire planet surveyed already without ever having had to step foot on it or even enter our solar system.

Consider us being hacked/surveyed from systems far away from our own. To assume something exists that is far more advanced, but then demand that it has to put "boots on the ground" to check us out seems short sighted.

11. Well said Oni.

That's another reason why Aliens don't just land here and show up in my opinion. Many people still don't believe and will probably have a traumatic shock on contact or who knows how they will react.. Trying to kill them or shoot them down in reaction from all the bad FEAR-Based Alien movies make or subliminal false misguided stories on TV/Media they show which has the masses conditioned to act and react a certain way.

As you said.. I'm sure there are many Extraterrestrials that are far more Technologically and Spiritually advanced then us. They would know if we are ready for contact or not better then all of us. That's why they only using Hints all over the Globe throughout history to slowly wake people up to the possibility because they have been dumbed down 2 much.

12. The entire republican party of the USA are all fucking aliens. Just like it was explained in Men in Black.

13. especially if they utilize quantum entanglement. They could spy on us in real time even from another galaxy

-yuri

14. This just came out of nowhere haha but really funny

15. A few years ago I pulled my car out to a grassy area in my yard to wash it. When I was finished and moved it I noticed I had parked over a very active ant hill.

This made me start wondering if the ants had any idea that the mid-day darkness that my car caused was from an "alien" vehicle?

Not extraterrestrial to me, but it would obviously be to that one ant that wondered why it was dark so early in the day...assuming ants are capable of wondering about such things....

Anyway, it framed the whole human- alien thing in a completely new perspective for me.......[​IMG]

16. that sounds interesting, quantum entanglement?

17. I posted that before I learned more about entanglement.

Apperently entanglement isn't what scientists hyped it up to he at the start.

The idea was two particles could be entangled, and if something happens to one, it happens to the other, (like a voodoo doll) instantly

Turns out that was too good to be true.

So far we have not proved that it is possible to change the particle, and therefore not confirmed the entangled particle will be effected

As manticore said in another thread, he explained it quite well-known

Its more like cutting a baseball in half. The halves are equal opposites, (basically how we make entangled particles) but once separated they are individuals.

Is entanglement even real? Can we prove it?

-Yuri

18. Quantum physics is actually really interesting.

And its not that hard to learn the concepts (the math and science us complicated) but the basic concepts are pretty intuitive actually

-Yuri

19. It would be selfish to believe we're the only intelligent creatures out there in the Universe..but don't be deceived by fake alien crap online.