My own religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by cmetzger, Jul 22, 2015.

1. It's not really a religion, but I don't know what else to call it. I guess it's more of a spirituality because it doesn't have like testaments or anything. Basically I think that we should all live a pretty good life, like be nice to others things like that, morals that are universally pretty common. If you live a good life you go to "heaven" if you life a bad life you go to "hell". Now "heaven" and "hell" aren't like a place outside this universe, it's somewhere in the universe. If you go to "heaven" you turn into a ghost and can visit people on earth or can hang with other spirits in "heaven" but if you go to "hell", you stay there for a while in this horrible place for a duration set on how bad of a person you were on earth. Once the duration is up you go back to earth as someone else. That's why you get déjà vu is because you've seen this thing before in a past life, you've been reincarnated. Now if that new person you've been reincarnated into is good then you go to "heaven" next. Now the reason "heaven" and "hell" are both in the universe is because energy can't be created nor destroyed so your spirit has energy and has to stay inside the universe. Now I believe in the Big Bang and everything but I believe several gods created the Big Bang because I don't think one entity could create such a massive universe and they're not human looking (no idea what they look like but not human). Now I know many of you will take stabs into this idea, which is totally cool, I just want to know if there is anything major I'm missing to add or redefine.

2. I mean, there's still the glaring oversight that, just because we don't know everything doesn't mean we have to equate it with a supernatural being (god of the gaps fallacy). Personally if I subscribed to a religion, it'd say that the big bang was the result of a deity, but that's only if you have to believe that a deity has to be at the core of everything.

Also, being a "bad" person is completely subjective. To Hess, Hitler was an a-ok dude. There'd have to be strict guidelines in place that people would have to adhere to, but i'd make them actually make sense. Worshipping false idols is ok, but raping someone isn't, ya feel me?

3. #3 Newoak, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
    All we need, another cult? lol

4. No no haha this isn't a cult you don't have to believe it I'm not trying to get people to believe in what I think just for open discussion

5. #5 guesswhat, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
    I've not met a single person who hasn't experienced deja vu. Would that then mean Earth is a sort of place of second chances, where everyone was evil/bad in the past and went to a hell? That it's not a place for new souls as far as humans go? Where would the original souls have come from? Can new ones be created?

Edit: To make the part I'm talking about more noticeable. The bold doesn't really do justice.

6. Well you may know people that have had déjà vu but that doesn't mean they're a bad person just that they have been in hell before and yeah it's a place of many chances and i don't know if new ones get created because that means that old ones would have to get destroyed

7. I meant bad in the past, not necessarily now. As that would be something they have a chance to change this time around.

Right which also begs the question, where did the original ones come from? Are we souls from other planets or forms of existence? Are we just forms of matter compiled into living things created by a God, and somehow given a soul?

Ah, even sober this is tripping me out.

8. People wanting to base their beliefs on "research" and picking and choosing which part of each religion they personally like, turned me into an atheist

-yuri

9. Virtually every religion, ever.

10. Our souls would probably have been a different kind of energy before humans and then that brings up do animals have souls?

11. it's more likely tht Deja Vu is when you experience something that resembles an experience you had in a dream. a memory stored in your subconscious, or it could just be a feeling you had in a dream during the same night tht you remember but cant rlly put your finger on

if believing in heaven and hell makes your life easier then believe in it, you don't need anyone's approval.
    but I don't see why u need a religion to make you do good things or why you need anything to justify doing good things. be good for the sake goodness

12. The problem is that people equate spiritualism with religion.

You can be holier than the pope and still be an atheist.

13. #13 cmetzger, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
    I never said anything about believing in a religion makes you a better person. I've never really gone to any kinda church and I've always been identified as agnostic. I was high with a few friends once when I was a little younger and we were just talking and my mind started to wander around the idea of what I described in the original post. I don't know if I even believe in what I said above haha I just posted it here to get others to think outside the usual religions.

14. How's that working out for you?

15. You have the right to believe what you want. Never let anyone tell you differently. When we have all the answers it's no longer up for discussion. Believe in something and you're on the right track. We all see it differently and that's ok!

16. No one is denying this.

17. Mad respect for Buddhists. The only 'religion' that's not even a religion.

18. Can't complain ;)