Broken downstem piece stuck in bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 420kelly420, Jul 21, 2015.

1. I bought an 18" zob beaker bong less than two weeks ago. Today it fell and the downstem broke into several pieces, including leaving my bong with part of the downstem stuck in the joint. I've tried tapping it extensively, used sharpies, screwdrivers and hangers (all methods I saw listed on this site and others) to get the broken piece out, as well as using very hot water and vaseline to try to loosen it up, but all my efforts have been useless. Please someone help me as I want this bong to last as long as possible.

here are some photos to help you guys get an idea of what im dealing with
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

p.s. if I take it into where I bought it do you think they could help me out?

2. Have you tried the potato/vegetable method. They use this to get light bulbs out of socket when stuck. You can try to wedge it in there and hopefully the glass will catch the potato and the suction created will help pull the downstem out. They might be able to help you, but they will just give you solutions similar to what you will find here most likely.

3. im not sure if this would work because the piece is stuck pretty far into the joint but I'll definitely try it out, thanks

4. people have had luck breaking the down stem more and you can also run it under hot water while tapping it upside down to try and get the stem lose

5. I use a drumstick or wooden dowel when this happens

6. I took it to where I bought it and I was told to boil/microwave rubbing alcohol and pour in into the joint/bong to get it out. Is that safe?

7. I would think the rubbing alcohol is going to evaporate pretty quickly if you boil it but I don't know about that, it may work. I have never heard of that being a method to fix this, but you never know until you try it. I don't think you can really harm anything by nuking or boiling it.

8. The is what I did when I got a downstem stuck. I cleaned it really good with iso/epsom salts to get any sticky resin out of the joint. When it was ALMOST dry, I took my dab torch to it and heated up the outside of the joint. I'm sure you can do this at any time, but there has to be water in the joint. The stuck piece just popped right out. The water left in the joint pretty much boiled under the torch and popped the downstem out. You may want to get a rod of some kind (I'd recommend wood) to hold onto the broken piece so when I pops out, you can pull it the rest of the way.

9. Got that same exact problem right now, did you ever get it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Slide a crochet down it use the hook to grab the edged and give it a quick pop and should pop right out.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

11. Use your pinky and it will come out. This has happened to me 3 times. Stick your pink in there to the point where it almost feels stuck in the downstem. Then with the suction you created with your pinky, you should be able to pop the downstem out when you pull it out

12. I had a similar problem with Zob glass as soon as I got it.

13. I had to help a friend as the same thing happened to him. We just bent a clothes hanger and hooked the bottom of the down stem and it came out no problem.