Pres candidate OMalley booed for saying all lives matter - then apologizes?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SlowMo, Jul 20, 2015.

1. #21 parkster, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
    But the biggest leaders, Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan, are nothing but race baiters who exploit every black death by an opposite race, before the facts are even released, like Trayvon, Mike Brown, Cambridge police shooting. Even Obama, the President of the United States, not just the president of black people, but all of us rushes to judgment, and turns out to be wrong, but he wants to assume race was involved just rile up his democratic base. Yet when hundreds are being shot in Chicago, black on black crime, he nor Sharpton, nor Jackson, nor Farrakhan, are nowhere to be found. If some of the biggest leaders are throwing gasoline on the fire, and furher dividing people rahter than uniting, no wonder things are bout as bad as they have ever been.

The truth is, if there isnt a chance to make it into a race case, they want nothing to do with it, because it doesn't benefit their wallets. Deep down they know its the black community thats holding the black community down,children out of wedlock, unstable families without fathers, kids exposed to gang violence and no structure, thats what the black lives matter people should be trying to fix. The democratic policies have made it worse as well, terrible schools that are overfunded-I.E Baltimore/New York, with terrible teachers staying employed because of unions. This begins the path to poverty as black males are twice as likely to drop out compared to whites. Not to mention business is stagnant because the government is taking money that should be used to grow the economy, produce jobs, and raise wages, on entitlements to create a welfare state. The democrats have blacks in the palm of their hand, they dont really care if they succeed, they just want their votes, keep giving entitlements because they know giving out free things is the best way to keep poor people in their voting base. Except there has been no proof that blacks will ever prosper under these policies, in the last 40 years things havent gotten any better for blacks, even under Obama, and the democrats dont have any incentive to make things better, because everyone knows they will vote democrat no matter what.

Blacks dont get any good news? Oprah and Obama are praised by the media all the time, I saw an Excon who hired other excons for his ice cream business the other day. But you have to remember, most news is mostly negative, only a few positive stories.

2. People like me?
    What's a person like me?
    People who recognize the trend in violent crime with various groups of people?

lol ok

3. Your problem is that you believe that black people need some universal leaders that we all agree upon. Fahrakan??? You must not know any black people because fahrakan is as far from a leader as you can call it. A small percentage,(less than 1 percent are even Nation of Islam). People always say Jesse jackson but when was the last time you ever saw him on TV saying anythign reckless? Sharpton actually does go to these rallies against community violence http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/po...
    My problem is people like you who think these guys speak for all of us like were some lost children that need directing on every facet of life. YOU are wrong. You're bias is showing.

4. You commented that the community at large doesn't speak out against 'BOB' violence.... I'm telling you that you're wrong... What you're saying is something 'people like you' like to spout all the time.

5. Yeah
    Fuck reality

6. Nah, he apologized because he said something that was unpopular with the crowd, and politicians only say things people want to hear. They're careful not to actually say anything meaningful. They're slimy pieces of slime. If he had said Black Lives Matter and was booe'd for that he'd be apologizing for not saying All Lives Matter.

7. #27 parkster, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
    You mean your*

Never said they speak for everyone, but besides Farrakhan, those are the most influential leaders for civil rights, who do nothing but incite violence or exploit situations for personal gain. Im just saying they do a better job at dividing than uniting people, and as prominent leaders they have a lot of influence over people whether you or I agree with them, and many will take what they say as fact while they're driving home a racial narrative.That rally? http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/al-sharpton-ask... nothing but a fundraiser for Sharpton.

How do Poor black communities not need positive leaders? They're ravaged with crime, violence, gangs, and fatherless children with no direction, things aren't getting any better.

8. That's why I keep proposing regulations. You need regulations to prevent human suffering

Poor people are more likely to commit crimes. They need jobs. But all jobs are in China and Mexico. That's capitalism for ya

A gang is simply a union and the gang culture speaks to poor people.
    I saw an episode of Gangland where they followed a gang in an Indian reservation in Utah and they were almost identical to your everyday crip/blood. Way to break the glass ceiling of stereotypes lol

Imo the best solutions are (business) investments in poor neighborhoods and an increase in minimum wage

Also free abortions, free condoms and free birth control pills

Sent from my phone

9. Investing in poorer neighborhoods would be great, especially if residents can invest in local businesses or at least locally owned franchises. Getting larger chains out of those neighborhoods and keeping the circulation of money primarily in the hands of local residents is important. I think increasing the minimum wage would be counterproductive though, as it hurts unskilled and less educated workers the hardest - which are most likely to be concentrated in lower income districts. Legalizing drugs and loosening laws regarding non-violent crimes, as well as shifting education more towards practical skills and trades would work wonders.

10. I do think that raising the minimum wage to be 15 would be a bad idea. I don't think it would be that terrible to raise to something like 10 or 11 over a period of a couple years. The other day I heard a statistic that surprised me. In a large percent of businesses the cost of labor hovers somewhere around 15-20 percent of operating cost. Raising wages would definitely have a negative effect on businesses in the short run, but it wouldn't completely cripple many like it is often portrayed. The thing is that in the long run raising the minimum wage I think would be a net benefit, but it's hard to tell where to exactly draw the line and would definitely have some negatives in the short run. Ultimately, it doesn't seem that rising wages are going to come from tax breaks because that hasn't worked for the past 15 years.

11. ohh shhhh 5% of the population committing over 50% of the crime isnt something to be concerned about.

The news has an army of retards that have been suckling at their teet for so long its silly to argue with them.

Look how hard theyve been cranking up the propaganda with that black lives matter horseshit. I really dont look forward to election season cause they start foaming at the mouth and go full retard when that comes around. Even with that racist piece of shit leaving the white house things are so far gone its not going to change anything, even if we get that dumb twat next.

12. Higher minimum wages would be counter productive?? More money = more consumption. Especially if you want to replace chain stores with mom n pop's since they tend to have higher prices than bigger stores

Sent from my phone

13. You're blaming Obama for PC? I'm pretty sure thts just the liberal culture. As long as u have libs you have pc

i could link u some sites for real estate in Saudi Arabia if ur interested

Sent from my phone

14. You must be a joy to hang out with at parties [​IMG]

15. #35 bwood, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
    im blaming him for riling up poor and ignorant black people by only making appearances in the media to endorse violent criminals like Trayvon and Mike Brown. Every victim of the knockout game has that emotionless racist piece of shit to blame.

I could link you some sites for real estate in zimbabwe and somalia if ur interested

16. #36 *ColtClassic*, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
    It's not as simple as that. You can't just raise wages and make everyone wealthier.

I know people really hate youtube videos in replies, but this video explains it much more clearly than I am able to (also, I am a visual learner and assume some other blades might be as well).

It's not the businesses that will be hurt, per se, as they will simply adjust their payroll to adapt to the new hike in wages and most likely make cuts to their staff or lay off workers with seniority and hire unskilled laborers that can fill the same spots at minimum wage (why keep a clerk that has been working with your company for 10 years and makes ~$15 an hour [due to successive raises] when you can hire some twenty year old for ~$10?). Please watch the videos (above) in this post, they explain the hidden consequences of raising the minimum wage. Remember, simply raising the minimum wage does not make any business more profitable - what it requires of the business is to make cuts somewhere down the line, and that necessity to cut costs usually means that the least valuable workers (those earning the minimum wage) suffer the most (directly).

17. I hate to be a dick but I don't think your example makes sense. I understand the point you are getting at, but what is stopping companies from laying off someone at 15 an hour right now and paying someone 7.25. It would seem that if you were only gonna save 5 bucks instead of 8 an hour that you would be less likely to lay off a senior employee. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

I recognize that it may lead to some definite lay offs in the short run. I do however think in the long run businesses will adjust in a reasonable way especially considering most are already implementing more automation and other major costs such as fuel frequently fluctuate. I think it's hard to tell how exactly this would effect the economy but I think the net positives of raising it a couple dollars, increased consumption/financial security, will be bigger than the losses to businesses and lay offs.

I understand the idea that this has negative consequences as well as positive, but I strongly believe that businesses are not doing their parts in many cases and keep wages stagnant even well production and profits is up in many cases. I'm not going to say that I'm an economic expert, but it seems to me that the only solution to wage stagnation is to consider raising it a couple dollars for large corporations and then possibly exempting smaller companies. Do you have any good written evidence like studies or articles to support keeping the minimum wage as is? I'm not big on video based things, because they tend to be much more deceptive and ideological/harder to verify. I would love some good sources if you have any.

18. Here is a more simplified example.

Cost of the final product is directly affected by cost to produce the product, which is directly affected by cost of labor.

No matter what, producers are going to try to cut labor (and all other costs) as much as possible.

Raising the wage of each worker, decreases the ammount of workers you can hire, and increases the work load expected of them.

The result of minimum wage hikes are obvious.

Less people will have jobs and costs will go up, meaning everyone gets poorer.

Not to mention the elimination of am entire worker category. You see, if minimum wage = living wage, then kids trying to get minimum wage jobs to help with school, or buy things they want, can't get jobs. It also makes it harder for people to get second jobs or any non living wage job (which wont exist)

Saying people shouldn't be allowed to work unless they earn a living wage basically bans many many people from working.

Then we have benefits like healthcare, which discourage employers from giving people more hours, while still expecting them to have open availability. This makes it even harder to get a second job and again, the result is more poverty not less.

-yuri

19. In my defense I broke my bong the day I wrote tht

as a layman the vids u linked do make sense. im wondering if u cant work your way around these dilemmas tho
    like setting minimum wages tht only apply for jobs in big companies like McD's or Walmart. they pay their workers far less than they could afford to

[​IMG]