Want to start dating again but living at home is stopping me?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by ChiefTHC, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Alright blades, haven't made a post in awhile so I'm lookin for some advice. Gonna be a long one..

It's been over a year and a half since my last relationship ended. When that happened I wanted to take a break from dating and focus more on myself and where I'm going with my career. But now the time has come where I kinda want to get back into it again.

Was at a store in the mall lookin for some new clothes and this girl working there I started asking her about these new types of jeans they got in stock now. Small talk I know, but we talked for a good ten minutes before I mentioned I'd like to try them on.

She even told me she wanted to see how they looked on me cause I wasn't sure if they'd be too big or small. So I'm standing in the dressing room holding the door open talking to her with the clothes on with a smile on my face the whole time cause she was gorgeous and had a great personality.

After I figured out what to buy I cash out and me and my friend I was with were on our way. It's haunting me in my head now I should've tried to get this girls number and see if she wanted to go out on a date or something. She was a 9/10 in my books.

And here's the problem with me at least. My last relationship wasn't the greatest by no means. When it came to just hanging out at one of our houses, we'd always be around parents(no privacy whatsoever). And I don't want that again.

I know I'm gonna catch shit from blades like "simple solution, move out" but I'm not trying to live paycheck to paycheck like people I used to hang around are living. So personally, I would like to have a more substantial income before I think about moving out. I'm 21 btw working my way up the totem poll to become a machinist.

TLDR; want to get back into dating again but living at home is stopping me. Chatted up with a gorgeous girl at the mall but pussied out getting her number.

2. If your going to school for a trade or some type of education, no one can give you any Shit.

But bro, you better really be about that Shit because otherwise 21 is way too old to be freeloading.

Aside from that, you don't just automatically live paycheck to paycheck when you move out. Its all about self control and diligence. Im a server and work as much as I can and I do fine.

Other than that there's really no point to this thread. You should've got the girls number. Go back and get it if you want it. Be honest with her. Its all about self confidence. I dated/had sex with plenty of girls in my parents home.

3. I'm not saying everyone's going to be okay with that, but the only thing that's stopping you from dating is you. Be honest and upfront about it, but don't shut yourself down out of shame or anything.

4. All that girl cared about was getting commission for the jeans you bought. /thread

5. #5 ChiefTHC, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    Kinda what I thought too. No need to be a dick about it though..

Edit: did some research on the store I went to and the employees pay isn't based off commission but hourly pay. So your reply is invalid either way homie

6. I wouldn't worry too much about whether living at home is an obstacle to dating. A lot of people your age still live with their folks and as long as you are pursuing your education goals I don't see how it's anyone's business.

7. Don't let a temporary situation stop you from dating someone who might be good for you. If she sees that you have ambition she'll be okay with it because she'll know it's only temporary. Later she might let you live with her :) Never go for super materialistic women at your age. It'll just be drama all the time. If they want you when you are poor and have your back then you know they'll have your back later when you have it all together.

8. I have a very similar post to yours, but mine maby a little more dramatic. My ex left me 3 months ago. been inside house all summer dabbbing accomplishing nothing. Gonna try and quit so i can focus on shit

9. You can still date chicks and live with your rents you just have to have good game, its not impossible. Just play your game right, dont downplay it be cool :)

10. Don't let it hold you back

Hotels don't cost that much

11. Think you're being a little hard on yourself man. I know kids that are 24-27 still living with their parents...i know it seems like a bummer but 21 and living with the parents is nothing to be embarrassed about. Nobody expects you to be Mark fuckin Zuckerberg at 21. Also it takes a while to bounce back from a relationship. Filtering out all the toxins from your body etc.

If a girl likes you she won't give a shit if you're living with your parents or living in a box on the street. It's only once you start dating and two years later youre still bangin her on the air mattress that becomes a problem. Stay confident and don't focus on what you view as a missed opportunity. After all she sells clothes. Could return the pants...come back and buy some new clothes, round 2 is whenever you feel ready for it.

12. 1. She was being cool, don't automatically think she wants you and set yourself up for failure.

2. In case she does, don't doubt yourself. Go see what's up. Talk to her, don't sit there and think about it for days. Make a move! Asap!

13. Worst case scenario you can get a hotel room and bang her there