Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does weed make me so paranoid and anxious now?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TheGoatKing, Jul 19, 2015.

1. I started to smoke weed in February 2014 to November 2014. I absolutely loved it. It was the best feeling in the world. On November 28th, 2014, I had a severe nervous breakdown because I was depressed for about 5 years, had a lot of stress in my life and worried about a lot of things. Everything came down on me all at once. I got extremely paranoid to the point that I thought people were trying to kill me. My mind just blew up. I thought the cartel and other gangs were after me. This paranoia ended up sending me into a mental hospital for four days. Long story short, I was extremely fucking paranoid because I had a nervous breakdown and I also am bipolar 1. Bipolar makes you paranoid too. I now take medicine for bipolar disorder.

Yesterday I smoked this indica dominant strain called Passion Kush for the first time in over 6 months. I smoked a snap and I didn't feel anything. Then I smoked a big bowl of it and the high hit me all at once. For about 4 hours I was high off my ass. I didn't enjoy it though. I was paranoid about my Mom finding out because my parents are really strict about weed and I was paranoid about the cops finding out. I thought about the thoughts that I had when I had my nervous breakdown. For an example, I used to have delusions and I thought people were after me. I thought cars were following me. That every person I saw was trying to kill me. When I was high, it reminded me of my breakdown and scared me. When I was high, I thought this dog was going to attack me. I thought it was a pitbull in the corner of my eye but it was some other sweet dog.

I also suffer really bad from anxiety and I thought the weed would help my anxiety but it made it worse. I was paranoid and anxious the whole time. I should add that I am not really in the best place in my life. I'm 22 trying to figure out life, worrying about work and school and worrying about my future.

What should I do to enjoy weed again? I read something about high CBD strains. I've tried Harlequin before.

2. I absolutely feel u on tryn figure out life. That shit hella stressful dude. But calm down. It ain't the weed causing anxiety. It's u. It's really simple. Nobody tryn kill u. Nobody after u. It also sounds like u need a secure spot to smoke at. Nobody like smokn nd lookin over they shoulder. Find a secure spot for ur weed too like a small safe under yo bed. Take life easy. Always thought the best way to enjoy tree was b productive throughout the day nd smoke at night when yo responsibilities is over nd u can juss enjoy ur high. I nevr had bi-polar disease so I dnt understand that as well but try to keep yourself positive. Exercise & good food prolly help that

3. check if your medicine ain't suppose to mix wit weed too

4. Id say smoke less but any type of drugs arent good for bipolar people in general, u just gotta remember though too the reason why we worry is because we think it gives us control but in reality it just makes us lose control. Try to remember that when u start to get anxious / paranoid

5. You see the paranoia & stress , You have to snap out of it , control it , make it a game , as long as your not in a bad place like a bad hood then you'll be fine , just breathe and exhale and walk with your own self confidence its all good , trust me enjoy and smoke up .

6. I smoked again tonight and I feel a lot better. It might be my tolerance or something. Last time I smoked a huge bowl and it made me so high and I was in public and I freaked out. Tonight I took one big hit out of my friend's pipe after work and I feel fine. Just chillin, listening to music.

7. I think you should try and smoke weed with less THC.Anxiety,depression,butterflies in the stomach is mostly brought on with too much over thinking try and relax don't toke to much