OBAMA Plans To Deny 4.2 Million People The 2nd Amendment. VA AND FBI Work Together To DISARM Veterans.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Jul 19, 2015.

1. And welfare is imo a huge reason the poor isnt as mobile, or as willing to move.

2. This is just bullshit. The same people who abuse welfare are the same people who would abuse any kind of system. You shouldn't judge a system by solely those who abuse it, because we are human and there will always be greedy assholes. Living in a dirt poor neighborhood is tough to get out of because they have many so disadvantages compared to kids who are well off. Welfare isn't keeping poor kids down. What's keeping poor kids down is an economy that is set up where the wealthiest people are taking huge cuts of profit and keeping wages stagnant. People always say things along the lines of oh they can just take out loans or go to cc and get scholarships. The thing is even if you get a degree, it is much harder for people of poverty to make connections than someone who is wealthy and often already has many connections in high paying industries. The simple fact is that social mobility is at an all time low and social welfare programs are not the source of it. Pretty much all statistics on the matter point to the fact that social mobility is increased with social programs. If you look, we are actually starting to lag behind many social democrat countries in terms of social mobility. This moral hazard argument is played out and been proven to be largely false. Of course there may be some people who take advantage of social programs and don't strive for more, but a majority of people aren't that way. People are always striving to do better and giving them free healthcare/education is not going to lead to people trying less as you are implying, but most likely will have the opposite impact. This would give kids in low income neighborhoods a much stronger reason to go to school than they do now.

3. I don't think the government would just give up their bullets like that...

Oh wait, I forgot how bans work - the people with costumes get to disobey their own rules...

Man I totally forgot we were playing by playground rules... damn...

4. so you're saying if you don't have money and life is telling you to move, that a meager handout that sustains poverty won't keep most people from up and leaving or trying to look harder for work? You honestly don't know one person who gave up employment because welfare was giving them more? Look if you wanted to grow weed but I told you I would just give you enough weed to smoke for personal would you reconsider going through all the work and risk to supply your own or just take a free bee? Look around you friend. Life, and reality contradict your views of social nets creating MORE social mobility. It just isn't the case. More times than not what is keeping people from economic growth is fear of change and a sense of entitlement for lack of a better word.
    Giving people free healthcare and education has and will continue to water down the end results. Ever sense education has been monopolized and mandated it has been un a steady decline. Medicine in countries that follow our education model have also shown a steady decline in results and innovations. All people flurish where open markets (competition) and freedom to try new things are encouraged. You even stated yourself that social mobility is at a all time low and yet social program spending is at a all time high. Imo its time to look at the ends that are not justifying the means.