Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does this lonk have the right decarb times?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MoonlightSky, Jul 17, 2015.

1. #1 MoonlightSky, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    http://greenstyleconsulting.com/decarboxylate/
    There are so many different people saying different temps and times on these different forums of different sites.
    People say 220 for an hour, 220 for 15-20 minutes, some say 325 for 5 minutes or something.
    what's the right temp? does anyone know and have a good source and have experience with what works?
    and is the info in that link accurate??
    Thanks so much!!!

2. I've had good success with 230, place bud in while its pre-heating so the heat up is gradual in the herb. I've only made eddibles with mid grade cannabis so it's already partially decarbed, so I let it go about 10-15 minutes after the preheat is done.

Make sure you cover your herb or make a foil pouch with a tight seal, you don't want any vapor escaping, this will also cut down on the smell. Once it's done remove and let it cool completely, if done correctly your herb should be dry and a brown or Amber color.

3. #3 MoonlightSky, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
    In that link it says to leave it in for a full hour at 245 to get the most out of it. its saying that that short amount of time (15-20 mins) doesnt get all of it

4. Decarbing is tricky because there are so many variables.
    For me, 220 for 20 min doesn't seem to bee enough. I use a thick pyrex dish and lots of foil, so people using a smaller, thinner container or one of a different material may have different to say. But i personally have the best success with ~240f, for 45-55 minutes (pretty much what the link says). Then leave it sealed and let it cool yada yada. But if i was using a metal pan i would start at lower temps probably. And definitely get one of those oven thermometers, found out my oven is like 25 degrees off.

5. A lot depends on old and how moist the cannabis is. I adjust from 30-40 minutes at 220. I also like to put a piece of parchment paper in the pan and put the cannabis on that. It doesn't stick to the parchment like foil. Then I double seal with foil.