If you were offered immortality...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by J_IntheMix, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Nope. You're definitely wrong. After death or come rapture everyone must be judged before god in order to enter the kingdom of heaven.

I grew up with this bullshit dude, you can't tell me I'm wrong.
    </blockquote>that's the old testament

All it takes to get into heaven is to accept Jesus as your Savior and ask forgiveness

That's the entire foundation of Christianity. The belief that Christ died so you don't have to be judged.

I grew up with this too. Sunday school, private Catholic school, was even confirmed

-yuri

2. Also humans are born sinners so no one got unto heaven after being judged

-yuri

3. Mormons believe that intelligence cannot be created or destroyed. We've always been around in one form or another. Spirits, mortal beings, Eternal beings. It's a progression.

4. Hindus already believe in immortality via reincarnation/trips to lokas (higher realms) but if I were still Christian I'd say absolutely not. I can't handle the endless seven sins dramas and all of the wars and arguments that come from them. I'd much prefer a long dirt nap to endless petty yapping.

5. Definitely, if I could spend it with my dogs.

6. that's basically evolution described in spiritual language. Guess they were right sorta

-yuri

7. But you're supposed to maintain a "relationship" with Jesus. Acceptance is just the first step.

8. Huh? What? We get to sing showtunes in space for millennias? Sign me up!!!!!

9. In a heartbeat.

Death scares me like nothing else. The concept of simply ceasing to exist is not easy to wrap ones head around.

10. i find comfort in death : P

11. I don't. There is too much in this world to experience in the short time we are given.

On top of the "the human mind cannot comprehend nothingness" part, which really throws me through a loop.

12. Yes I would. Just to confirm or deny my idea of a cyclic universe.

13. Maybe you could like, be god man.

14. rofl. don't forget to bring a comic book or two

Sent from my phone

15. Believe me I've got enough fucked up shit going on in my head to keep me busy for ages.

16. We are already Immortal, Our Physical bodies however become compost for our Plants :D

17. Accept :) Immortality is immortality. :)